Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Bump.

Does this mean nobody knows, or nobody is actually using IMAP email and just wants their one inbox pushed to them?
    WM handles IMAP folders. Once setting up the Inbox, you can then choose menu, tools, manage folders, and select which folders you would like to receive. I use Gmail IMAP and have all of my mail sorted into different folders, i.e. Inbox, Bills, School, etc. I can view each folder separately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Bump.

Does this mean nobody knows, or nobody is actually using IMAP email and just wants their one inbox pushed to them?

Inbox and sent were the only folders I saw. Why dont you try it and confirm?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I've tried using the Seven beta, as well as the Sprint Mobile Mail. The Seven beta seemed to cause my 800w to be very draggy. Is this normal?

But, it was a better program than the Sprint one as far as options go. Just don't bother with the Calendar sync, that pretty well locks up my 800w.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I a loner here?
    Quote Originally Posted by vanishersprinteruser View Post
    No, it's possible to set up Gmail IMAP on the 800w.
    please advise.

using just poutlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    I've tried using the Seven beta, as well as the Sprint Mobile Mail. The Seven beta seemed to cause my 800w to be very draggy. Is this normal?

But, it was a better program than the Sprint one as far as options go. Just don't bother with the Calendar sync, that pretty well locks up my 800w.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I a loner here?
    I have been using SEVEN for about a year now. Its biggest issue is that it doesn't use SMS to notify the phone that there is a new message and to go get it. What that means is that it is always connected to the servers hitting the wireless data network pretty hard. If it loses a connection it bangs away as hard as possible to get it back. This is all reflected in very poor battery life.

On my 6700 I went with the extended battery (which I hated). But the service is free.

For know it is the only service that I can get to connect to my corporate email (Domino) without getting a Blackberry so I live with it.

I also connect to Gmail through it. Outside of some very recent issues that a server update performed today should resolve, I have had very little in the way of issues using SEVEN and highly recommend it - - -just beware of the battery issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Inbox and sent were the only folders I saw. Why dont you try it and confirm?
    Thanks for addressing my question, robber. I'm sure if you were only able to get the Inbox and sent, it's the same issue as with their POS client. I know when I spoke to them (SEVEN's Mktg VP) back in April at CTIA they were hoping to have this addressed, but at that point my concerns were only with the POS client.
    Quote Originally Posted by rododson View Post
    please advise.

using just poutlook.
    imap.gmail.com
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    imap.gmail.com
    where does one enter that. I choose manage folders, but 'folder options' is not a selectable option.
    where does one enter that. I choose manage folders, but 'folder options' is not a selectable option.

That is the gmail imap server. When you are configuring gmail in poutlook use imap.gmail.com instead of pop.gmail.com.

Be sure that imap is enabled in your gmail account.
    while you were eventually helpful, you were quite vague in your responses. It was only ensuring that I had IMAP set up in gmail that I was able to find the answer I needed. This wouldn't typically be a big deal for me, other than the short answers you provided lead me to believe that you knew all of these steps were required but just felt no obligation to provide them to me.

for those that want the real help, particularly for WM6.1 and Gmail here are the directions:
    to configure IMAP for your Windows Mobile 6 device, just follow these steps:

1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
    2. Open the Start menu and select Programs > Messaging > New E-mail Account.
    3. Enter your Gmail address (including '@gmail.com') in the E-mail Address field*. Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com'*.
    * Windows Mobile 6.1 users: Enter an unintelligible email address (such as 'g@g') at this step. This will bypass the automatic configuration for POP access.
    4. Uncheck the box that asks to get settings automatically from the Internet and select Next.
    5. Select Internet e-mail as your email provider in the drop-down menu.
    6. Enter your name as you want it to appear in sent emails.
    7. Enter a descriptive name for the email account and select Next.
    8. Enter 'imap.gmail.com' in the Incoming Mail Server field.
    9. Select IMAP4 as the Account type from the drop-down menu and select Next.
    10. Enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') and password.
    11. Select Next.
    12. Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' in the Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server field.
    13. Make sure that the Outgoing server requires authentication box is checked.
    14. Select the Advanced Server Settings link.
    15. Make sure that the Require SSL box is checked for both incoming and outgoing emails.
    16. Select The Internet as the network connection from the drop-down menu.
    17. Select Done and then Next.
    18. Select how often you want your phone to send/receive emails from the drop-down menu.
    19. For more download options, select the Review all download settings link.
    20. Select Finish.
    21. Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.

for those that want the real help, particularly for WM6.1 and Gmail here are the directions:
    Just got home and was about to paste that for you to answer you question earlier. Looks like you're good now.
    while you were eventually helpful, you were quite vague in your responses. It was only ensuring that I had IMAP set up in gmail that I was able to find the answer I needed. This wouldn't typically be a big deal for me, other than the short answers you provided lead me to believe that you knew all of these steps were required but just felt no obligation to provide them to me.

Why the hell would I be "obligated" to spell out all the steps to you? You hijacked this thread by asking a question that could easily be answered by a simple search. Your way out of line.
    What am I missing? (newbie question of course). But I just got my 800w yesterday and I went to sprint's website and it said download Sprint mobile email and when I clicked on the button it took me to Sprint's "seven" program. So aren't these one in the same now?

As a side note...once I got to the seven program "purchase" site, I had to log in, once I did that...it took me somewhere else and I've been pretty much chasing my tail trying to find it...not working out right now, but will mess with it tomorrow.

As always...thanks for educating me!
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM View Post
    What am I missing? (newbie question of course). But I just got my 800w yesterday and I went to sprint's website and it said download Sprint mobile email and when I clicked on the button it took me to Sprint's "seven" program. So aren't these one in the same now?

As a side note...once I got to the seven program "purchase" site, I had to log in, once I did that...it took me somewhere else and I've been pretty much chasing my tail trying to find it...not working out right now, but will mess with it tomorrow.

As always...thanks for educating me!
    Same company- Sprint is techincally release 6, "Seven" is actually release 7 and is still in beta. Same functionality- different look and feel and a few different options.

FWIW, I have had major problems with gmail and the beta today.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    FWIW, I have had major problems with gmail and the beta today.
    Are you aware that Seven completed a scheduled server update today around 3pm EST. It was to address some issues with Gmail, Yahoo, and MSN/Hotmail. FWIW
    Last edited by aixguru; 07/29/2008 at 10:46 PM.
    Still don't know the advantage/difference of using SEVEN vs. IMAP.

Are y'all installing SEVEN just for the hell of it?
    SEVEN (an email client) and IMAP (an email protocol).

Got it?
    Quote Originally Posted by vanishersprinteruser View Post
    Still don't know the advantage/difference of using SEVEN vs. IMAP.

Are y'all installing SEVEN just for the hell of it?
    IMAP= poll, Seven = push.
    I have given up on SEVEN for two reasons:

1) It really slowed my Treo down significantly
    2) My recipients would get email from "xxxxx@gmail.com" instead of being from "John Doe". I like my name to show up in their inbox.

I have gone back to mail2web.
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Are you aware that Seven completed a scheduled server update today around 3pm EST. It was to address some issues with Gmail, Yahoo, and MSN/Hotmail. FWIW

Thanks, I am. Having more issues post update
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast