1.    #1  
    So i have been using my phone for a couple days now, and i have found a way to get good battery life out of it. Unfortuantly it consists of turning bluetooth and GPS off and turn them on only when they are in use.

SO i use BT waaay more than wifi(actually i hardly use wifi now with rev a)

1) Is there anyway to set the wifi buttin to the BT button?

2) When i get a text message i want a text icon to show up on the taskbar(next to the battery, reception, start button, etc)

3) I want to change the left softkey to another shortcut of my choice and i dont want it to keep switching to notification when somebody calls or texts or whatever

Mal, Hannip... any help?

Setting the Wifi button to BT button is WAAAAAAAAAAY more practical... that would be awesome!
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    So i have been using my phone for a couple days now, and i have found a way to get good battery life out of it. Unfortuantly it consists of turning bluetooth and GPS off and turn them on only when they are in use.

2) When i get a text message i want a text icon to show up on the taskbar(next to the battery, reception, start button, etc)

3) I want to change the left softkey to another shortcut of my choice and i dont want it to keep switching to notification when somebody calls or texts or whatever

Mal, Hannip... any help?

Setting the Wifi button to BT button is WAAAAAAAAAAY more practical... that would be awesome!
    ok i just saw how to change the soft key, but it just adds to it rather that write over or delete the old messages link.

Also i still want it to pop up i recived a sms but i DO NOT want to see the frickin soft key to change to notification. Its annoying as hell... imma try to figuire this out
  3.    #3  
    nothing? n changing the wifi button?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post

I haven't found an easy reg edit to do this yet. I think I saw a reg entry that is flagged when the button is pushed. You could have a proggy monitor that flag and pop up whatever app or settings you'd like. If the button has a keycode a program could key off of that too. Anyway, sounds like another project to put on the to-do list.

Yeah, I don't know why that icon is missing. If you switch to the native sms it does show an icon there.

What you already found is the only way that I've found.

Mal, Hannip... any help?

Last edited by hannip; 07/29/2008 at 06:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If you switch to the native sms it does show an icon there.
    Is this even possible? I would so prefer that over palms sms app...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    Is this even possible? I would so prefer that over palms sms app...
    Is it possible? Only here at treocentral.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168468
  7. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Is it possible? Only here at treocentral.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168468
    Don't know how I missed this one earlier...

Damn Hannip have I told you you were the man today yet? Well, yes but apparently I'm doing it twice.