1.    #1  
    Quick question...

Has anyone tried to do a contacts transfer with a car handsfree unit? I have the AVIC Z3 in my truck and for the life of me I cannot get my 800W to transfer contacts (via bluetooth) with my Z3 . On my 650 I had to transfer one at a time, while most other newer phones could transfer the whole book. At least I could do it. I was wondering if anyone esle had tried something like this. Am I missing something? I see an option to "beam" a contact, but no bluetooth option.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    You have to go to beam, and then from there it will search for bluetooth devices. It's wierd, but for some reason, MS decided to integrate IR beaming and bluetooth file transfer operations (OBEX, OPP, and probably FTP) into the beam program. There isn't explicitly an option to send something via bluetooth, it's just under the beam option.
    Under beaming...there is no "option" to select. I have a AVIC D3 and bluetooth works well (with Jetware) with my 800w. CAn you please elaborate on the steps??

Thanks

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Make sure your AVIC D3 is in discoverable mode. Go to beam, then it should detect it after a while.. there isn't an option really, it just displays what ever bluetooth devices it finds where it says "Searching"

This is how it is on my Mogul, Treo, and my other WM devices, so I assume it's the same in the 800w.
  5.    #5  
    I will give that a shot. Next question... related...

When you transfer your contacts... Does your Head unit sperate each number ( I.E. Joe Shmukatelli 'Home xxx xxx xxxx" then Joe Shmukatelli 'Mobile XXX xxx xxxx') Mine split my contacts up when I used my treo 650 and it was very difficult to manually change all of the contacts to reflect which number is for what (home, work, mobile...)
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
  6.    #6  
    Confirmed... cannot transfer multiple contacts. With near stock 800w I can only transfer 1 at a time. Anyone have a suggestion?