Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    "Verizon called me because my contract was up and tried to get me to renew. I told her I couldn't because I was waiting for the new Treo to come out and she found an email that showed the 800w, Blackberry Thunder and a new LG Dare to be released on 8/22. I started quizzing her on it and she instantly had all the specs to the 800w which I was already familiar with. I'm sure the date is still subject to change, but that was Verizon's official release date as of last week."

Just wanted to quickly update everyone. I've been running around to all my local Verizon stores looking for the 800w and ran into a girl I used to work with. She said I was probably right about the 8/22 date, but that would be the release for the customer retention team or business sales. The retail stores generally receive phones 2-4 weeks after they get it. She also said she hasn't seen any new product codes in the system yet. I'm not confirming or denying anything, but since the "Thunderberry" and new Dare have also not made it to retail, I am assuming the 800w is still on the road map with them on it's way to the retail stores. I probably would hold out though for the Treo Pro. I've had my 700w for over 2 1/2 years now and I want something new that feels different. The 800w is just too similar and it's time for a change.
    it will be good news if Palm can get to roll out 800w on Verizon. Hope that pushes thru. As for me, still sucking it up at Sprint
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Just checking in to see if anyone's heard anything new, Q3 almost over, and my 700w is on it's last leg...
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    The silence has been deafening
    I'm told that no news is good news but this is ridiulous.
    Quote Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
    I'm told that no news is good news but this is ridiulous.
    Couldn't take my 700w or waiting for the 800w any longer. Trying a Curve right now. I've got 30 days to be impressed or it goes back and I continue the wait for another WM phone.
    And I'm still waiting!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ok, with CTIA this week, shouldn't we hear something from Verizon?!?! 800w? CDMA Treo Pro?!?
    So does anyone know if this is going to go away now that WM6 has been officially released for the 700? I really really hope not. I want an 800 after playing with one here at my office.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    So does anyone know if this is going to go away now that WM6 has been officially released for the 700? I really really hope not. I want an 800 after playing with one here at my office.
    If by 'going to go away' you mean the chance of VZW picking up the 800w....your guess is as good as mine!!!! (personally I don't think this is a good sign though!!! )

If you mean this thread or the desire for the 800w NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!!

I have no use for an upgrade on my 700wx, and won't even look twice at it, it runs top-notch for all I do with it!!!!! Now....a new device with a new OS.....THAT I can live with!!!!

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    If I remember correctly the Road map / slides showed that the 700 W/X was going to get WM6 and there was a slide showing the release of the 800W.

Maybe not as ominous we think. Maybe things are just proceeding according to VZ's schedule as slow as that may be. Trying to be optimistic.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm stuck with an un-upgradable 700w (the ugly step child), that's dying, and I really don't like the Treo Pro keyboard, so I certainly hope the 800w is still coming to Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I'm stuck with an un-upgradable 700w (the ugly step child), that's dying, and I really don't like the Treo Pro keyboard, so I certainly hope the 800w is still coming to Verizon.
    At least two people have reported good results using my custom roms with their 700w's.

Might be worth a try.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'd be happy to give it a try, my bigger problem is the fact that my "Alt" key on my Treo 700w stopped working, so I need to use the soft keyboard to type numbers and symbols... That's why I want to Verizon 800w...
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    This is good news. Can't wait. I had switched from my Centro back to my 700WX since the WM6 update came out. I really missed my WX but the software update didn't do anything to help the BT. After two days of not knowing if the BT would work or not I switched back to my trusty Centro. It really is a great little phone. Just limited in what you can do with it.
    Great news. I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    At least two people have reported good results using my custom roms with their 700w's.

Might be worth a try.
    How does one obtain one of your custom roms. How do you install it?

Also, my Treo 700w shows 25.45 MB total available and usually drops to around 9MB with no other programs running. Just curious...how much total memory is available after your custom rom is installed? What does that number typically drop down to?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I just received this back from our Verizon business rep when I emailed him about information pertaining to the rumors of the 800W being released on Verizon's network.

"As for the rumors around the 800w, as of now I cannot confirm when the launch date is going to be, but I will keep you updated as Verizon Wireless makes this information public."
    There is talk that VZW is going to pass on the 800w completely and opt for a cdma Treo Pro instead. Apparently, if that happens, we may not see anything from them until Christmas....or later.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast