Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I dont see the 700wx on the VZW phone page anymore (that might be old news though).
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    It's still there in my zip code (west coast). $299, same price as the i760 and the 6800.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    This is really a worthless post - all it gets you is an increase in postings, nothing else.
    Post count on this forum means nothing to me. Just want to know if I should be looking elsewhere for a new phone. How tough is it to get a confirmation that VZW will never carry the 800W?
    Quote Originally Posted by wckesq View Post
    How tough is it to get a confirmation that VZW will never carry the 800W?
    I hate to say it, but until it happens, it is next to impossible. The only way it would be definite is with a formal release of the 800w or press release stating one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    The only way it would be definite is with a formal release of the 800w or press release stating one way or another.
    A carrier will never give a formal press release stating that they're not going to carry a phone ever. Too great a chance that they'll carry it at some point.
    Does anyone know a VZW e-mail address? Iím not talking about their customer service, but something with little more teeth. We could all do our part & e-mail them to give them a little nudge to quit dragging their feet.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso2501 View Post
    Does anyone know a VZW e-mail address? Iím not talking about their customer service, but something with little more teeth. We could all do our part & e-mail them to give them a little nudge to quit dragging their feet.
    Already did, they informed me that it did not meet their lab testing and would not carry it and told me to either order the VX6800, Samsung i760, or try a Blackberry. I have been stuck with 9 crappy 700W's for far too long!

I am considering switching to Sprint at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by acoem2584 View Post
    Already did, they informed me that it did not meet their lab testing and would not carry it and told me to either order the VX6800, Samsung i760, or try a Blackberry. I have been stuck with 9 crappy 700W's for far too long!

Sprint, no thanks. I played with the new 3G iPhone the other day, its cool. If Verizon screws themselves and doesnt carry the 800, Im considering an iphone. For the price I can get and the services they provide, it would almost be dumb not to. I can get everything I have now, plus the data and GPS for the same nut I pay to Verizon. I can still sync up too, it has Microsoft Exchange!!

When I called to make my weekly complaint about them not having the 800 yet, they tried to sell me on a piece of **** Centro. Not so much there chief.....800 or I hit the road.

Anyone who has tried or is using A_C's stuff, just think of every application being just like that and working flawlessly all the time.

2 cents....spent.
    I aint nobody, dork!

Wow! Really? Are they just not carrying it right now...or not carrying it EVER, done with it, end of story...what??? Thanks for your info.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Who did you email? What is their address?
    I remember when Verizon had the exculsive 90 days for the 700w and they had loads of trouble with it. I was told numerous times by srpint that they would not carry it due to network and other issues.

When Sprint finally got the 700wx it had more memory and a few upgrades. I think time will be the the factor here. I have been a Sprint costomer since 1998 and have no issues with the other carriers.

I know that in this market if there is a way for them to take costomers away from one another each of them will definatley do it. Verizon given the opportunity to get this phone and get new or keep current customers will most likely get it. (sooner or later)

I golf regularly with my local Sprint rep and from time to time the Palm rep and they have both told me Sprint has NO excusive to this and others WILL get it.
    I think it's safe to say it'll be out when it comes out, if it will be out. LOL, did that make sense.

Am I looking forward to a new Treo 800w. Hells yeah...my Treo 700w is showing it's age: missing screws, too many dings and scratches. But hey, at least for now, it works. I don't think any amount of internet wishery is going to cause the 800w or any other phone to be released any faster. Hell, look how long it took Palm to jump on the voice command over bluetooth wagon...
    Any chance anyone here with a contact to a privy vzw employee would mind asking about the touch diamond and touch pro? I need something to entertain me w/ a new phone...
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Any news yet. I didn't want this thread to die.
    Upset that I still am using my 700W while all my Sprint coworkers are getting 800W's, I decided to take a stab at chatting with an online representative to see if they would unvail any info. While I didn't get much, she responded to my request with the tradiitonal - there is no update on the 800W on the Verizon network - Sprint is the only carrier of that device. After I typed in thanks she did come back with something to the effect of ...I would expect the device to be on the Verizon network at some point in the near future. Vague at best, but maybe some hope?
    I dont know if this has anything to do with it releasing on verizon, but when i get on the internet the url for the homepage that once had 700w inlcuded in it now has 800w in its place.
    Verizon 700W(it sucks)
    Quote Originally Posted by brainzblown View Post
    I dont know if this has anything to do with it releasing on verizon, but when i get on the internet the url for the homepage that once had 700w inlcuded in it now has 800w in its place.
    Link?
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    yes link please.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Here's one for wild speculation. Could the quick (relative to 800w) release of Treo Pro have anything to do with VZW's alleged decision not to carry 800w? Indeed, wouldn't it seem a bit ridiculous to come out with 800w once Pro has been announced? And, how difficult would it be for Palm to make Pro work with CDMA radios? Wasn't Centro first released for GSM and then come to CDMA (I don't know, frankly, but the question is, can it be done).
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russki View Post
    Here's one for wild speculation. Could the quick (relative to 800w) release of Treo Pro have anything to do with VZW's alleged decision not to carry 800w? Indeed, wouldn't it seem a bit ridiculous to come out with 800w once Pro has been announced? And, how difficult would it be for Palm to make Pro work with CDMA radios? Wasn't Centro first released for GSM and then come to CDMA (I don't know, frankly, but the question is, can it be done).
    That would be sweet a CDMA version. I am guessing we would see that on Verizon Nov of 09 if there would be such a thing. It would be great to be wrong though.

A world phone GSM / CDMA would make it the ultimate "PRO"

On the other hand they could have been selling a ton of 800W's in the mean time. Verizon's WM Pro line up is quite lacking. You have the W / WX (out for 2 years?) and the 6800 ( Painfull to use memory crippled). There is one more HTC unit but with no KB.