Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I've had it!! I have been dealing with a Treo 700w for about 2 years now...I am willing to give Palm just one more chance...if Verizon does not offer the Treo 800w by the end of the year (when my plan is up for renewal), I will be switching to a BlackBerry Curve 8330 and not looking back!
    Quote Originally Posted by N3KFD View Post
    I've had it!! I have been dealing with a Treo 700w for about 2 years now...I am willing to give Palm just one more chance...if Verizon does not offer the Treo 800w by the end of the year (when my plan is up for renewal), I will be switching to a BlackBerry Curve 8330 and not looking back!
    Why not switch carriers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Why not switch carriers?
    here is a good reason ... because sprint isnt as good as they used to be... ever since buying nextel they have had multiple personality disorder.

and before you accuse me of being a hater.. i have been with sprint for over a decade
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    here is a good reason ... because sprint isnt as good as they used to be... ever since buying nextel they have had multiple personality disorder.

and before you accuse me of being a hater.. i have been with sprint for over a decade
    Sprint hater.

I agree that Sprint has been problematic since buying Nextel.
    I find it difficult to believe the issues about the 800W when every one of their phones has issues of their own. Amazing. Though not a Verizon customer, I have owned Sprint versions...
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wckesq View Post
    Well, another day without an answer.

EDIT: I will bump this every day until we do.
    Bump for today.
    sprint sucks in the customer service department. have been with them nearly 8 years. I hate them and I am still a customer
    I have tried them all and they just have deadspots in differenct areas. Sprint has good coverage at my office but no ATT/Cingular signal. Visitors showing off their fancy Iphones are pretty disapointed when they are here most of the day with no service.
    Why not switch carriers?
    I like Verizon, been with them 15 years. In my opinion, they are the best. Not interested in switching, thanks.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N3KFD View Post
    I like Verizon, been with them 15 years. In my opinion, they are the best. Not interested in switching, thanks.
    I have to agree, been with Verizon for 12 years. Been fighting with the 700W for the last two. Never had any service issues and will definitely not switch for the 800W. I will just wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by docstang View Post
    Been fighting with the 700W for the last two. Never had any service issues
    If you've been dealing with the 700w I'd call that an issue.
    I just spoke face to face with our corporate rep from Verizon and he said, "it was on our roadmap, but was pulled." Bummer. Why can't the company just confirm it?
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    This article on Giz suggests that Palm is ramping up for a big release. 800W verizon??? Maybe 850?? New POSII ?? Completely new device?? Let's keep our fingers crossed. Maybe all of the above. Pray that one of them is on Verizon.

http://gizmodo.com/5036792/palms-ord...hones-for-2009
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    If you've been dealing with the 700w I'd call that an issue.
    I guess you learn to live with it, just don't expect multitasking.

Like I said in an earlier post, the engineering team that passed the 700w for use on Verizon's network is apparently not the same team that is evaluating the 800w.
    We would have had the 800w months ago. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by docstang View Post
    We would have had the 800w months ago. LOL
    My (best) guess is that Verizon was taking too long to evaluate the phone, and it pushed the release date back too far. Palm dumped Verizon, and Sprint jumped in on the exclusive.

Take into consideration the work they did on the bluetooth patch. That's *NOT* a small amount of work. Typically the phone would be released then 3 to 6 months later that sort of patch would come out. I'm guessing that gives us an idea for when Palm really wanted the phone to come out orginally....in other words it was ready to go back in the first quarter of this year.

Now that Sprint has the exclusive don't expect Verizon to have the 800w any sooner than the end of the year....
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    So now is the concensus that 800w will not appear on VZW?!

That would truly suck
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I don't know why we can't get verification of whether VZW will be carrying the 800. Doesn't this site's management have inside contacts that will speak truthfully? How about VZW insiders? How difficult can it be, just an official yes or no? Not even asking for a release date, just whether us VZW users should plan for a different upgrade path.
    Well, another day without an answer.

EDIT: I will bump this every day until we do.
    Bump for today.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Yea who have little faith! Haven't you learned yet the vzw does not release info prematurely?

We usually get good info from engadget, boygenius, etc. They last reported the VZW rollout slides that 800w was coming Q3. That date ends 9/30. Now I am not saying that vzw hasn't been known to miss the dates, but realize that sprint has an exclusive, either 60 or 90 days. They started shipping on 7/15ish, so earliest vzw phone is 9/15 to 10/15.

VZW reps have never been credible. Why should they be, they want you to buy a phone now, telling you its going to be 6 months from now makes them no money.

So before all you lemmings follow each other over the cliff, I would wait for a credible source to report this. Not that it might not have been cancelled, but I believe if it were, then boygenius, engadget, etc. would have announced. I for one am still holding out hope.
    This is really a worthless post - all it gets you is an increase in postings, nothing else.

Bump for today.
    Not that I am putting complete faith in anything I see or hear untill it is a proven face one way or another (jbinbi had some good points), but I did stop in a VZW store today that I am applying at, (so I know the guys there pretty well) and I asked what the next WM upgrade comes out, mentioning my dislike of HTC (just exaggerating to get an answer HTC lovers, they are good devices :-) ), and my love of Palm, and the rep looked it up in his computer, and admitting he couldn't state anything definite, but he did see a WM upgrade of an 800w and a Palm OS upgrade of 755P in the near future!!!

As I said, I am not hopping up and down excited, and I know it is nothing more (or less) definitive than anything else in this thread, but I just wanted to pass along my experience!!!