Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 174
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    while it is true that you can roam on verizon when there is no sprint coverage (and vice versa)- the real world is they do NOT have the same coverage.

    The roaming only really kicks into play when there is a complete hole in the coverage (say for example if sprint has no tower in west podunk but vz does). If sprint has any towers anywhere near then you can't roam.

    that's the whole point of the prl list- it tells the phone which towers it can roam on and which it cant.

    . . .

    I NEVER had any problems with their csr's though to be honest so not sure that's a big deal.
    You can switch to forced roaming to hop on another network, from what i understand

    Start -> Settings -> Personal (Bottom Tab) -> Phone -> Services -> Roaming -> Roaming Networks Only
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  2. #22  
    Lest anyone else be tempted to switch to Sprint because they can't wait for the 800w, please read my blog on how Sprint has made it impossible for me to take full advantage of the 800w. I have also been on msmobiles.com and t4show.com podcasts discussing Sprint's horrific technical/customer service and total unwillingness to help.

    I am returning the 800w on Monday (despite loving it completely) and waiting for Verizon to release it so I can switch to Verizon.
  3. haus's Avatar
    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #23  
    Why can't you just use <10digitnum>@messaging.sprintpcs.com as the texting address?
  4. #24  
    Texting out is not the issue. I can send fine. I cannot receive from short codes. So the bottom line remains Sprint's customer service's unwillingness to, um, service customers.
  5. mcharron's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #25  
    Hey everyone,

    Thanks for all the good stuff here. Thanks also for the answer to my question. It looks like we may have the 800w on VZW by the end of August! That would really make me happy. If anyone else has any other info, please let us know it.
  6. acoem2584's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharron View Post
    Hey everyone,

    Thanks for all the good stuff here. Thanks also for the answer to my question. It looks like we may have the 800w on VZW by the end of August! That would really make me happy. If anyone else has any other info, please let us know it.
    Where did you get the info that it would be end of August?
  7. efudd's Avatar
    Posts
    697 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    You can switch to forced roaming to hop on another network, from what i understand

    Start -> Settings -> Personal (Bottom Tab) -> Phone -> Services -> Roaming -> Roaming Networks Only

    that might work- but i'm still not sure if the prl controls things or not then.

    if you dont have permission from the prl to use the tower would switching to roam only allow it? (I dont know)
  8. efudd's Avatar
    Posts
    697 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by acoem2584 View Post
    Where did you get the info that it would be end of August?
    6 posts above where someone said 8/22
  9. #29  
    any updates?
  10. mcharron's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #30  
    I have been out of the country since the 4th, anyone hear any new news?
  11. #31  
    With AT&T for years. Went to Sprint last weekend because of 800w. Had an actual fight with the guy who activates the phone when u make your first call. Told wifey we takin' back the phones. She said she likes her new phone (LG with a big keyboard) so I called back and asked for a supervisor, she said she sorry and took off the activation fee.

    Also had trouble porting the numbers from ATT to sprint, but that was resolved by the store I bought from. Can call from my house, when I had NO service with ATT. So that is at least cool. Love the 800w, changed how I work almost instantly by having it.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyDoc View Post
    With AT&T for years. Went to Sprint last weekend because of 800w. Had an actual fight with the guy who activates the phone when u make your first call. Told wifey we takin' back the phones. She said she likes her new phone (LG with a big keyboard) so I called back and asked for a supervisor, she said she sorry and took off the activation fee.

    Also had trouble porting the numbers from ATT to sprint, but that was resolved by the store I bought from. Can call from my house, when I had NO service with ATT. So that is at least cool. Love the 800w, changed how I work almost instantly by having it.
    Sweet! Now we all know exactly that status of when Verizon will get the 800w!
  13. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyDoc View Post
    With AT&T for years. Went to Sprint last weekend because of 800w. Had an actual fight with the guy who activates the phone when u make your first call. Told wifey we takin' back the phones. She said she likes her new phone (LG with a big keyboard) so I called back and asked for a supervisor, she said she sorry and took off the activation fee.

    Also had trouble porting the numbers from ATT to sprint, but that was resolved by the store I bought from. Can call from my house, when I had NO service with ATT. So that is at least cool. Love the 800w, changed how I work almost instantly by having it.
    what the hell does this have to do with verizon getting the phone???
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  14. hkklife's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    #34  
    For what it's worth, Palm's posted a couple of pics of a black (unbranded) 800w on their site.

    Could be a future Sprint color choice or, more liklely, a hint of what the VZW version is gonna look like:

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7...s-page-posted/
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Lest anyone else be tempted to switch to Sprint because they can't wait for the 800w, please read my blog on how Sprint has made it impossible for me to take full advantage of the 800w. I have also been on msmobiles.com and t4show.com podcasts discussing Sprint's horrific technical/customer service and total unwillingness to help.

    I am returning the 800w on Monday (despite loving it completely) and waiting for Verizon to release it so I can switch to Verizon.
    e-mail ecare
  16. Schump939's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Lest anyone else be tempted to switch to Sprint because they can't wait for the 800w, please read my blog on how Sprint has made it impossible for me to take full advantage of the 800w. I have also been on msmobiles.com and t4show.com podcasts discussing Sprint's horrific technical/customer service and total unwillingness to help.

    I am returning the 800w on Monday (despite loving it completely) and waiting for Verizon to release it so I can switch to Verizon.
    And I've had the exact opposite with Sprint Customer Care. They have done nothing but bend over backwards to make me happy including refunding me an extra $70-$80 to match Best Buy's price. Verizon was pretty bad to me when I tried, TRIED to stay with them and they bent over backwards to tell me sorry, can't help. For full disclosure, I tried gettig a replacement phone (just going for same phone (700w)) and they ended up taking away my upgrade discount which was the whole reason I was trying to reason with them. Reup me for 2 years, give me a refurb, and I can keep my discount. In the end I basically wasted my discount on a replacement 700w. Not evena WX, just a W. BLAH
  17. #37  
    I work with a company who has a VERY large Verizon account - our rep does a great job getting us information when we ask.

    In anticipation for the 800w, I had our support staff contact our rep to find out when the 800w would be available from Verizon. I've received good inside information in the past on upcoming actual releases.

    This time word came back that Verizon has decided not to cary the 800w and they are taking it off of their calendar.

    In addition to that, at a family get together I heard from a brother in law who is "in the know" that Verizon and Palm are not on good terms right now (due to how Verizion replacing phones after 3rd party software was installed).

    I hope to high heaven this isn't so, because Verizon has the best service in this area (and the only company with decent broadband available).

    (sigh) well, maybe we'll have to wait for an unlocked version to become available for sale...
  18. #38  
    I think iPhone is do a great job. It takes out the account from other service providers to AT&T. In addition, it messes up the service providers' strategies. Now we can the other services provides are losing their focuses.

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-10...l?tag=nefd.top

    Besides, most of the devices manufacturers, except Nokia (IMO) need to respond also. As a result, it only helps iPhone instead of competing with iPhone.
  19. acoem2584's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by realace View Post
    I work with a company who has a VERY large Verizon account - our rep does a great job getting us information when we ask.

    In anticipation for the 800w, I had our support staff contact our rep to find out when the 800w would be available from Verizon. I've received good inside information in the past on upcoming actual releases.

    This time word came back that Verizon has decided not to cary the 800w and they are taking it off of their calendar.

    In addition to that, at a family get together I heard from a brother in law who is "in the know" that Verizon and Palm are not on good terms right now (due to how Verizion replacing phones after 3rd party software was installed).

    I hope to high heaven this isn't so, because Verizon has the best service in this area (and the only company with decent broadband available).

    (sigh) well, maybe we'll have to wait for an unlocked version to become available for sale...
    I had gotten the same news from my government account representative as well! She stated it did not pass Verizon's testing.
  20. #40  
    If this is true, the least Palm & Verizon can do is release the rumored WM 6 Upgrade for us 700wx users!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions