Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Hi,

When I turn on my headset, it defaults to music mode. I've found that I need to switch to phone mode prior to pressing the center button to activate it. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for that tip. Apparently that was the problem. Everything is working just great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Looks like a decent app. Too bad you have to login to download it.
    Takes all of two seconds to register and login (using a non-preferred email)...and the program is simple and works. Install, turn on, listen to TCPMP over my old non A2DP LG730. Very cool, thanks for the link!
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcedwards View Post
    Yes, I reinstalled the patch after the hard reset. What should I look at on my phone? The only way VC works for me is I assigned the Side Hold Button to open it and I have to speak into the phone mic. Once initiated the BT takes over.
    You need to switch your headset off of 'Wireless Stereo' and give it a try as 'Hands Free'. This should solve your problem.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I still can't get this to work with my BT8010. Can anyone post a clear step-by-step? I know this is supposed to be simple but it's not working for me at all.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer20 View Post
    Has anyone experienced the issue I stated above? I've never had voice command do this on the Mogul. Im using the standard Treo ringer. It sounds awful when someone calls though. At least til it goes to the headset.
    Any thoughts?
    For what its worth I am having the same problem. My ringers now sound horrible.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Excellent! Seems to work well. Thanks Palm!

However, this makes a fix for another issue even more important. When starting a new call, the volume on the phone is always reset to a lower volume. This is quickly fixed by pushing the up volume button once and it seems to remember I wanted it on maximum.

Now I'm going to be wanting to initiate calls w/o touching the phone (finally! ) , but I'll still need to turn up the volume. I see that using the volume controls on the headset will control the phone volume, but sometimes I answer or make a call when my hands are full. Any solutions yet on making the phone keep the set volume?
    Hello...I just got my phone and found this website.. Thanks for all the info to everyone. I have the same issue as nlowhor...My phone does not recall the volume setting it was on when I connect with my bluetooth. As soon as it pairs up and after each call, I have to constantly increase the volume to hear anything. It is really quite annoying and once in a while, I forget to increase the volume so I end up missing a call Is this still happening to anyone out there and/or how did you get it to fix?
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by incruzcontrol View Post
    Hello...I just got my phone and found this website.. Thanks for all the info to everyone. I have the same issue as nlowhor...My phone does not recall the volume setting it was on when I connect with my bluetooth. As soon as it pairs up and after each call, I have to constantly increase the volume to hear anything. It is really quite annoying and once in a while, I forget to increase the volume so I end up missing a call Is this still happening to anyone out there and/or how did you get it to fix?
    Thanks in advance.
    Please see this post.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  8. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Can any Jabra 8040 folk give opinions about streaming to one of your non-A2DP mono earpieces vs. what we have already had with the 8040? Any tradeoffs?

Hoping that it is just as good so I can check out some new toys! Now that I have had it, I can't give up having all audio in my ear.. despite straining a bit to hear phone calls in loud environments.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    Can any Jabra 8040 folk give opinions about streaming to one of your non-A2DP mono earpieces vs. what we have already had with the 8040? Any tradeoffs?

Hoping that it is just as good so I can check out some new toys! Now that I have had it, I can't give up having all audio in my ear.. despite straining a bit to hear phone calls in loud environments.
    The A2DP has high fidelity and higher volume. The regular headsets are low fidelity, like listening to AM radio. You also get the same low volume as with calls.

So with the 8040's I find that if I twist the ear ring clockwise a bit and then twist the headset up a bit when in the ear it makes a much tighter fit which results it at least 2x volume increase. I wonder if there are any good eargels that would fit it to improve it even more. Low tech solution to a high tech issue.
    Works great in my car "GPS Garmin 660" calls out the names clear.
    Treo 300 + 600 + 650 = 800w
  11. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I wonder if there are any good eargels that would fit it to improve it even more. Low tech solution to a high tech issue.
    good point... seems the old jabra gels really covered the ear. I will have to see if I have any laying around.

You are right that positioning is a major influence over call volume, in all headsets.
    I forgot my BT headset today so I can't try this myself but it should work...

This is supposed to increase the volume for VoiceCommand over BT:

In order to increase the volume , navigate to:

HKCU\Control Pannel\SoundCategories\VoiceCommand1

Then change the value of AttenuationCategory from 3 to 1.
    Sound of the voice command will be even higher than the ringing tone.

You can also change the value of InitVol to 40. <-- this is a bit odd, so not sure it works

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I dunno if this will work either, though it may increase both the headset and the mic:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Device

Under this you would find several keys. Each key represents a device you are paired with. In my case I have only 2 keys since my PDA is paired only with 2 devices (my notebook, and my handsfree) Then navigate to the handsfree key, so mine reads like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Device\000c55401c45\Services\0000111e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb

You would find a dword called name, verify that the value corresponds Hands Free
    • Go to "Services"
    • Click on the folder with all the numbers...
    • Change the channel to 5 (my default was 1)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Well, I tried both of the changes and I didn't really notice any increase in volume from either one, until I switched the channel back from 5 to 1 then it seemed louder. lol

I think the audio is a bit flaky on this device. Seems like just rebooting the device can affect it with the same volume settings. :-/
    Anyone got a answer to this issue?

Have a Jabra BT620s. Worked perfectly with the 800w when I paired it up. It was set up as both the hands free and stereo headset. Didnt have any issues switching from music to phone and back.

But since I installed this new cab, ive lost all headset control of the media player. It wont stop, play, next track, etc. Ive even tried deleteing the pairing and reinstalling as just a stereo headset and still nothing.

Ideas?
    Do a backup, hard reset. Try out your BT620's again to see if it works like before. If it does reinstall the patch without installing any other software. Try it again. If it doesn't work at that point I'd report the issue to Sprint and Palm. If it does work it's either some other software that's causing the problem or the phone got into a wacky state. If it does work you may want to just reinstall your software one by one. That way you can determine if there is a software conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Do a backup, hard reset. Try out your BT620's again to see if it works like before. If it does reinstall the patch without installing any other software. Try it again. If it doesn't work at that point I'd report the issue to Sprint and Palm. If it does work it's either some other software that's causing the problem or the phone got into a wacky state. If it does work you may want to just reinstall your software one by one. That way you can determine if there is a software conflict.
    Palm will just tell you it's not on the list of supported devices as they told me with the Treo headset. Yes, that's right, the TREO headset that I purchased a year and a half ago from PALM is incompatible with my TREO 800w per Palm tech support...

Anyway, you may have better luck dealing only with Sprint or using the resources here as tech support doesn't seem to want to be very helpful with BT headset issues.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I dunno if this will work either, though it may increase both the headset and the mic:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Device

Under this you would find several keys. Each key represents a device you are paired with. In my case I have only 2 keys since my PDA is paired only with 2 devices (my notebook, and my handsfree) Then navigate to the handsfree key, so mine reads like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Device\000c55401c45\Services\0000111e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb

You would find a dword called name, verify that the value corresponds Hands Free
    • Go to "Services"
    • Click on the folder with all the numbers...
    • Change the channel to 5 (my default was 1)
    This did not change anything for me. Even adding the SpkVolume entry made no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Palm will just tell you it's not on the list of supported devices as they told me with the Treo headset. Yes, that's right, the TREO headset that I purchased a year and a half ago from PALM is incompatible with my TREO 800w per Palm tech support...

Anyway, you may have better luck dealing only with Sprint or using the resources here as tech support doesn't seem to want to be very helpful with BT headset issues.
    Well the headset is listed as a "fully functional" headset.

But I did a hard reset and it didnt resolve the issue. The headset still beeps when I press the buttons.

I just tried it with my old treo 650 with BT audiogate and im getting the same results. Soooo, it may be just a situation of bad timing or somehow the headset got messed up and the stereo controls got disabled or something.

Guess I have to find a new damn stereo headset....
    ***UPDATE***

I dug around and found a firmware upgrade for the headset. I DLed it and installed it and it gave me the media functions back. I havent reinstalled the voice over BT cab yet, but I hope it was just a 1 time glitch that made me freak out for 3 hours.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast