Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I grabbed an app called BTMusic from 1800pocketpc.com and it works like a charm.

EDIT: I lied. Looks like this app installs something other than what it was supposed to install. Some VJ crab that toggles things. Lame.
    What is a "VJ crab that toggles things?" This app routes my audio to my BT headset for whatever app I'm using. (I stream a lot of internet radio.)

And, there's an icon on the PPC desktop once initiated to turn off the program if needed.

Forgive my ignorance, as I'm not a programmer, but I don't understand. From what I understand, the Triangle Powers site (and Blade, the programmer) is legit and pretty popular for some free apps and tweaks.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I'm not sure what it is / was. I just got rid of it. It basically was titled something like VJ5... something and inside had programs that you could click on that could turn Wifi on or off, bluetooth on or off, and the phone on or off.

The BTMusic.cab had absolutely nothing to do with BTMusic, heh.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Sounds like you might have mistakenly downloaded the wrong thing?
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Anyone try voice dialing with a Jabra BT8010?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I have to report that it doesn't
    work. I've deleted and re-paired several times today. I even went as far as doing a hard reset wiping all my data. Still no joy. I had the same problem with a Jabra 8040.

I am ready to buy another BT headset that will work with Voice Command .
    I got my phone by ups on the 23rd of July. my phone was allowing voice dial , & voice commands via my Jabra BT8040 out the box. no update needed.
    Hi,

I have a BT8010; it works fine for me. The only issue that I have is that there's no initial beep to indicate that you can start talking.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    That may be a timing issue with the opening of the audio gateway. There used to be a registry edit that would allow for more time between pressing the button and the beep; that might help the issue of not hearing the initial VC sound. I think I recall reading it in XV6700 threads on another forum, but a Google search will probably help find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Hi,

I have a BT8010; it works fine for me. The only issue that I have is that there's no initial beep to indicate that you can start talking.
    All right, now I need to know what am I doing wrong. VC will annouce who's calling with the BT8010 but I can not activate VC from the headset. Any clue?
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcedwards View Post
    All right, now I need to know what am I doing wrong. VC will annouce who's calling with the BT8010 but I can not activate VC from the headset. Any clue?
    Hi,

When I turn on my headset, it defaults to music mode. I've found that I need to switch to phone mode prior to pressing the center button to activate it. Hope that helps!

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  11. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I have to report that it doesn't
    work. I've deleted and re-paired several times today. I even went as far as doing a hard reset wiping all my data. Still no joy. I had the same problem with a Jabra 8040.

I am ready to buy another BT headset that will work with Voice Command .
    I'd worry about something on your phones end before buying another headset. Did you reinstall the patch after the hard reset.

The 8040 works with it so it must be something wrong on your end.
  12. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Missed this one with my last post, glad to see you're making progress.

Not sure about the 8010, but with the 8040 you hold in the button until VC activates. Usually about 1.5 seconds or so. Sometimes you'll hear a beep, but you should definitely hear the headset activate and you'll see the microphone appear on your today screen to know it's working.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Missed this one with my last post, glad to see you're making progress.

Not sure about the 8010, but with the 8040 you hold in the button until VC activates. Usually about 1.5 seconds or so. Sometimes you'll hear a beep, but you should definitely hear the headset activate and you'll see the microphone appear on your today screen to know it's working.
    With my BT8010, I see the microphone on my Treo's screen but nothing happens when I say "Dial whoever".
    The only problem with J8040 is LOW volume. I cannot hear ANYTHING through it. Piece o' shxt!!! It works but no vol! You end up playing with the BT headset constantly trying to get vol up. Some hands free! No, I am not alone on this.
    It keeps sying "please repeat" over and over again. I think for A2DP and VD to work properly, you need a BT headset with a long Mic boom closer to your mouth. I have tried cupping my hands over it, yelling.....!
    Must have looked like a comical maniac!
    I will be returning this.
    With my BT8010, I see the microphone on my Treo's screen but nothing happens when I say "Dial whoever".
    Is it something as simple as that you have to say "Call whoever"? I think 'dial' is for stating phone numbers. Otherwise, you may need to check your headset volume - I've found that you can't really hear VC's response unless you manually raise the volume after activating it.

16. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Is it something as simple as that you have to say "Call whoever"? I think 'dial' is for stating phone numbers. Otherwise, you may need to check your headset volume - I've found that you can't really hear VC's response unless you manually raise the volume after activating it.
    Try this.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    The ringer is horrible when i get a incoming call. I have it set to say the name of the person. It sounds like an echo coming from the phone.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    I got my phone by ups on the 23rd of July. my phone was allowing voice dial , & voice commands via my Jabra BT8040 out the box. no update needed.
    Are you sure the phone's mic was not picking up your voice? Try it with the mic covered or by stepping a few feet away from the phone.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'll try the volume thing tomorrow but I did say "call" not "dial" - I made a mistake when I posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I'd worry about something on your phones end before buying another headset. Did you reinstall the patch after the hard reset.

The 8040 works with it so it must be something wrong on your end.
    Yes, I reinstalled the patch after the hard reset. What should I look at on my phone? The only way VC works for me is I assigned the Side Hold Button to open it and I have to speak into the phone mic. Once initiated the BT takes over.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast