Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have tried it with my Jawbone 2 and it works. The Voice Command is a little glitchy. I don't always hear the microphone tone to speak my command. This is better than nothing. I just hope that Palm fixes the volume problem that everyone is complaining about. It defeats the purpose of hands-free if you have to touch the Treo everytime a call comes in just to raise the volume to an acceptable level. Hopefully they will fix it soon.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey3081 View Post
    Anyone know if this will work with the Motorola T505? I'm actually waiting on both my 800w AND the Motorola but I'm still curious.
    It does work for the t505 for me.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    For those with the Jawbone2 are you tapping or holding down the action/assassin I cant set the New one to work the original Jawbone work fine
    Quote Originally Posted by EBPMAN View Post
    For those with the Jawbone2 are you tapping or holding down the action/assassin I cant set the New one to work the original Jawbone work fine
    You hold the very back button for a couple of seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post

The BTAudio tools now work!!!

You can toggle on/off pda audio through your standard bt headsets! Audio is low however just like the call volume. Might be able to adjust the attenuation level for the pda sounds. hmm.
    Like I said before, this is just plain awesome!

edit:
    If you want to install this.. here is a "mini guide" that I gave to tbaker.. so this might help others.

Take that file that hannip linked and download it.
    Unzip it and take the toggle.exe one and place it into your windows/start menu/programs folder. Either via the computer or with (i think) a copy paste into the windows programs folder.

if you transfer it over by computer, you will need to make sure hidden folders are enabled... So you can see the windows folder. (tools--> folder options--> view--> show hidden files and folders.
    Does anyone has solutions to these problems:

1. Volume is too low
    2. Can't cancel out if you say the wrong thing without starting over
    3. Can't get my text messages to read

I did find this nift little registry tweak while searching for the answer to problem #1:

Change the speed of the voice in Microsoft Voice Command:

1. Start up your Registry Editor program.

2. Find the following: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices

3. Change the DefaultTTSRate string/value: 4 (default)

4. Increasing the number will increase the speed of the voice, while decreasing the number will slow it.

I changed mine to 6 and it is perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Well that was weird. I installed it, it reset then my phone had no service. It wouldn't connect to anything not even for voice and my wireless manager no longer worked. After some fiddling around I ended up soft resetting it again. Now I have service.

Odd.
    Anyone else notice this? Happened a few times to me since the install. No big deal but this was not happening before. You cant even launch apps.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ok, pardon the dumb question, but let me just confirm before I start installing yet more new stuff! This update from palm will let me do voice commands over a BT headset, tell it to call a contact, etc., yes? No need to have the phone in hand or in site, as long as it's within BT range?

Hannip's BTAudio: I'm a little less clear on what this is, but it seems like it will let me use a handsfree BT headset (like a Jawbone or whatever that's just goes on one ear) to receive an audio stream in the same way that a stereo BT headset like my Motorola S9 can, but just not in stereo, of course, yes? I've been looking for that kind of functionality for a long time! While I like my S9, even their relatively small footprint is still much more noticable than a mono BT headset. Since much of what I listen to is spoken word anyway, having it only be in one ear will not be a big deal at all. My only concern would be about the battery. The S9's is rated for 6 hours of usage, but I've never actually tested it, it might turn out to be even less, who knows. But are the small batteries in today's mono BT headsets able to play audio for that long without their battery going dead well before?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

^^^ Yes and yes
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Ok, pardon the dumb question, but let me just confirm before I start installing yet more new stuff! This update from palm will let me do voice commands over a BT headset, tell it to call a contact, etc., yes? No need to have the phone in hand or in site, as long as it's within BT range?
    Yes, I can do those things on my phone with a bluetooth headset after the update. Though I can't say a number that is not on my contacts and have it dialed.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Folks, my only complaint about this device has been fixed! Palm you have done a very nice job at creating a device for business users that also caters to gadget enthusiast. Thank you for fixing a very intrigual part of your smartphone.

GOOD JOB Palm!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    Yes, I can do those things on my phone with a bluetooth headset after the update. Though I can't say a number that is not on my contacts and have it dialed.
    Are you using the correct commands?

"call contact name"

"dial (123) 456-7890"
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Are you using the correct commands?

"call contact name"

"dial (123) 456-7890"
    Thank you, with my previous phone I would say "Call (number)" or "Call (contact)." It works as you say.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    Thank you, with my previous phone I would say "Call (number)" or "Call (contact)." It works as you say.
    No problem. In this thread you'll find a link to the Voice Command User Guide.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168488
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Anyone else notice this? Happened a few times to me since the install. No big deal but this was not happening before. You cant even launch apps.
    This happened to me before the install too.
    Quote Originally Posted by singersong View Post
    Does anyone has solutions to these problems:

1. Volume is too low
    Not yet.

2. Can't cancel out if you say the wrong thing without starting over
    Try saying, "NO".

3. Can't get my text messages to read
    This doesn't work with Palm Sms app, but does work with the native Sms. I've tried it both ways.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm hoping. Don't have much time to investigate it at the moment.

Funny. My old cheapo Anycom HS-890 headset works great with the new Voice Dialing. Not only that but....

The BTAudio tools now work!!!

You can toggle on/off pda audio through your standard bt headsets! Audio is low however just like the call volume. Might be able to adjust the attenuation level for the pda sounds. hmm.
    Here's another btaudio freeware (this one from Triangle Powers) to try. Used it on my Mogul, haven't tried it yet with my 800w.

http://www.trianglepowers.com/PPC/ViewApp.aspx?ID=52

UPDATE: Just tried quickly. Works fine. I prefer it since it is installed by .cab, and no need to create shortcuts, etc. Triangle Powers seems to shut it's doors periodically, so might want to grab it now while you can if you're interested.
    Last edited by xdalaw; 07/30/2008 at 06:37 AM.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Here's another btaudio freeware (this one from Triangle Powers) to try. Used it on my Mogul, haven't tried it yet with my 800w.

http://www.trianglepowers.com/PPC/ViewApp.aspx?ID=52

UPDATE: Just tried quickly. Works fine. I prefer it since it is installed by .cab, and no need to create shortcuts, etc. Triangle Powers seems to shut it's doors periodically, so might want to grab it now while you can if you're interested.
    Looks like a decent app. Too bad you have to login to download it.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Yeah. Perhaps it's hosted on another freeware site?
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Yeah. Perhaps it's hosted on another freeware site?
    I grabbed an app called BTMusic from 1800pocketpc.com and it works like a charm.

EDIT: I lied. Looks like this app installs something other than what it was supposed to install. Some VJ cab that toggles things. Lame.
    Last edited by Kasracer; 07/30/2008 at 12:34 PM.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast