Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hello,

I just ordered a Treo 800w. I'm looking to receive push email and some sort of automatic sync with my Outlook 2007. Can anybody recommend the best way to accomplish this? Thanks very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by stenberg13 View Post
    Hello,

I just ordered a Treo 800w. I'm looking to receive push email and some sort of automatic sync with my Outlook 2007. Can anybody recommend the best way to accomplish this? Thanks very much.
    I'm using Sprint Business Connect.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Is it a corporate email or does it use Exchange server? One of the selling points for me was how well the 800w syncs with Exchange Activesync out of the box. I use no 3rd part aps. It just "works".

If you're not using Exchange server I believe you would need to use a hosted email account to achieve true "push" email. I have never used this though.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    If you don't have the corp. exchange server, I think you will have to use a third party service. I believe a couple people have mentioned free one's on the board, but i think you have to create an email account with them.

Here is a list of third party exchange hosting companies where you can use your existing email/outlook info. Fee's vary based on # of accounts, ext. I think you could get by with 1 email account for less than $100 a year with a few of them. See link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...s/catalog.aspx

Someone else may know of a cheaper service (or free)
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Mail2web.com
    Mobipush.com
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have a corporate email account but we don't have Exchange, everybody else uses a Blackberry. I don't mind spending about ten dollar per month. I would also like my email to go to my phone when my computer is not on.
    PushEffect was a great product, but they don't seem too helpful in working on the 800w.

Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    I'm using Sprint Business Connect.
    I believe there's a monthly fee for that.
    It is also possible to receive push email if your server supports IMAP IDLE. This is the system that many of us used to receive push email with Palm OS Chattermail. I believe that the best solution for this on WM is Flexmail, although I have not used flexmail myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    PushEffect was a great product, but they don't seem too helpful in working on the 800w.

I believe there's a monthly fee for that.
    for corporate..yes. For personal...no. I'm using personal to get my work emails to my treo and have never been charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    for corporate..yes. For personal...no. I'm using personal to get my work emails to my treo and have never been charged.
    I used it for my personal and kept seeing a monthly charge, even though I only tried it once.
    I now have Flexmail up and running with GMail and Everyone.net. I did not realize how nice ChatterEmail was with its ability to limit the number of days to sync back to. Syncing 782 messages in the INBOX takes time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I now have Flexmail up and running with GMail and Everyone.net. I did not realize how nice ChatterEmail was with its ability to limit the number of days to sync back to. Syncing 782 messages in the INBOX takes time.
    actually what i like best is the ability to only sync lets say the last 25,50, or 100 emails. regardless how long ago it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by stenberg13 View Post
    I have a corporate email account but we don't have Exchange, everybody else uses a Blackberry. I don't mind spending about ten dollar per month. I would also like my email to go to my phone when my computer is not on.
    Check with you IT guy to see whether your company is using Exchange 2003 SP2 or later. If so, you should be able to use the push mail. Of course you may also ask your IT to help setting up.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    dont sweat it, I use 1and1.com and they provide outlook 2007 html exchange server. You cannot get this on your blackblerry (not yet atleast) and the whole thing costs 7 dollars a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You can do that with FM as well, but you need to configure that in the "server folders" menus for your account before it does the initial sync to avoid it syncing everything after the initial setup.
    I have a FastMail account and Everyone.Net account. I have stuck with the Everyone.Net account as I have yet to be nagged about heavy email usage. Last month I got a reminder from FastMail that I was about 80% from reaching the max and so forth.