Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I just installed TCPMP via CAB download over the net and it won't launch. I get "General Program Failure." Is it working for anybody else?
    Nope. I was actually about to post something regarding this. I think it may have more to do with Windows Mobile 6.1 than the Treo specific software / hardware but I'm not sure.

This thread over a PPC Geeks has a recompiled version that is supposedly confirmed working on the Treo 800w.
    it definately works with the xda developers rebuild version. I have coreplayer as well but I was getting "crash/txt" failure on tcpmp install but the was able to get it installed and working fine (including youtube) with this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2396421
    Yeah, the recompiled version works like a champ
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Just finished setting mine up with Flash support. Works perfectly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    I just installed TCPMP via CAB download over the net and it won't launch. I get "General Program Failure." Is it working for anybody else?
    Wasn't this replaced by coreplayer?
    Or are they different?

I downloaded it (paid subscription) and it plays the youtube videos..
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    Wasn't this replaced by coreplayer?
    Or are they different?

I downloaded it (paid subscription) and it plays the youtube videos..
    TCPMP is the free version of Core Player (much older too I believe).
    I've installed the tcpmp-0.72rc1-arm-ppc-recomp-03.cab
    But my phone still used windows media, so i linked all file extensions to tcpmp, but now i get this message: RTSP protocol not suppported.
    Do I need to download some codes to make tcpmp work properly, or do I need to download another program to work with tcpmp? I want to play youtube videos
    Last edited by yoshiki2; 07/29/2008 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshiki2 View Post
    I've installed the tcpmp-0.72rc1-arm-ppc-recomp-03.cab
    But my phone still used windows media, so i linked all file extensions to tcpmp, but now i get this message: RTSP protocol not suppported.
    Do i need o download codecs or another program?
    Well... what are you trying to do?
    I have tried multiple versions of all the tips and tricks ... Still not getting any
    further with this ....

Does anyone have a Treo 800w that is actually able to go to www.youtube.com click a movie and have it stream ?
    Quote Originally Posted by w008 View Post
    Does anyone have a Treo 800w that is actually able to go to www.youtube.com click a movie and have it stream ?
    Yes. I made sure TCPMP and FlashBundle was uninstalled. Then I installed the recompiled version of TCPMP then FlashBundle. Soft reset and I'm good to go.

I can browse on YouTube, click a video and TCPMP starts playing
    I have TCPMP working, but I have a question if anyone wouldnt mind helping.

I wanted to use TCPMP to play everything, so I set it as the default for all the file types there were checkboxes for.

Now when I try to play a WMA file off of the internet, TCPMP says is doesnt have the right codec to play the file, but it is the default player

I cant get Windows Media player back to the default player for WMA files. I also cant find a checkbox in the file associations for TCPMP where I set it as the default for those types of files.

Does anyone know if there is a codec I can download to get TCPMP to play WMA files, or if there is a way for me to set Windows media to play those files instead

I am trying to stream radio through tuned.mobi if that matters. The mp3 streams work but not the WMA streams
    For all the TCPMP/CorePlayer people out there... if you are playing a video do you find that if you try to browse the web in the background that your web performance is severely impacted?

When I have a video playing, web pages take at least twice the amount of time to load.
    Well I don't think the phone was meant to play a video in the background while surfing the internet. That's a bit much for a ~333MHz process IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Well I don't think the phone was meant to play a video in the background while surfing the internet. That's a bit much for a ~333MHz process IMO.

Actually my 700wx didn't have this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mneumann View Post
    I have TCPMP working, but I have a question if anyone wouldnt mind helping.

I wanted to use TCPMP to play everything, so I set it as the default for all the file types there were checkboxes for.

Now when I try to play a WMA file off of the internet, TCPMP says is doesnt have the right codec to play the file, but it is the default player

I cant get Windows Media player back to the default player for WMA files. I also cant find a checkbox in the file associations for TCPMP where I set it as the default for those types of files.

Does anyone know if there is a codec I can download to get TCPMP to play WMA files, or if there is a way for me to set Windows media to play those files instead

I am trying to stream radio through tuned.mobi if that matters. The mp3 streams work but not the WMA streams
    ok, so for anyone wondering, i figured this out, you have to copy the old codecs from the WM5 version of TCPMP to your windows file and then do a reinstall and it will play WMA and WMV files. I found them on the xda devleopers website.

Now the only issue is when I stream radio even with the phone plugged in the battery drains itself faster than it can charge. That makes no sense at all to me but I dont think theres a fix for that except buy a better battery when one is available
    can u show us a link to the files u installed, also instructions like wich program install first, which one second
    And do i need to install some codecs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Yes. I made sure TCPMP and FlashBundle was uninstalled. Then I installed the recompiled version of TCPMP then FlashBundle. Soft reset and I'm good to go.

I can browse on YouTube, click a video and TCPMP starts playing

My problem was the version of TCPMP and the Flashbundle. I was a little over zealous in my downloading and installing Youtube and many others
    working like a dream now. Hats off to all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    it definately works with the xda developers rebuild version. I have coreplayer as well but I was getting "crash/txt" failure on tcpmp install but the was able to get it installed and working fine (including youtube) with this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2396421

Thanks! Works great!
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    Can somebody post some step by step screen shots...This is my first pda phone and I am a beginner.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast