Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theblueprint08 View Post
    Can somebody post some step by step screen shots...This is my first pda phone and I am a beginner.
    What, exactly, do you need to know?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    i am not sure what he wanted but i would like a step by step to install this i had it working great on my 755p but just can seam to get it on wm i have the files on the phone but dont know what to do to get it installed and working
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    What, exactly, do you need to know?
    ok, so for anyone wondering, i figured this out, you have to copy the old codecs from the WM5 version of TCPMP to your windows file and then do a reinstall and it will play WMA and WMV files. I found them on the xda devleopers website.

Now the only issue is when I stream radio even with the phone plugged in the battery drains itself faster than it can charge. That makes no sense at all to me but I dont think theres a fix for that except buy a better battery when one is available

That was posted in the thread earlier and I don"t understand...I'm basically trying to get youtube up and running on my 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by theblueprint08 View Post
    ok, so for anyone wondering, i figured this out, you have to copy the old codecs from the WM5 version of TCPMP to your windows file and then do a reinstall and it will play WMA and WMV files. I found them on the xda devleopers website.

Now the only issue is when I stream radio even with the phone plugged in the battery drains itself faster than it can charge. That makes no sense at all to me but I dont think theres a fix for that except buy a better battery when one is available

That was posted in the thread earlier and I don"t understand...I'm basically trying to get youtube up and running on my 800w.
    Well... Me, too... I've installed the TCPMP referred to earlier (recompiled) and I've installed the FlashVideoBundle.cab (found in the 700wx forum) to enable Flash support (even though it should have been built into the recompiled TCPMP) and I've got it working fine except for the fact that I have to hit the volume up button on the phone when I start a video to ensure that the audio plays. Any ideas?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    can someone post the cab files in here. I really don't feel like signing up for every single forum I find something at.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    can someone post the cab files in here. I really don't feel like signing up for every single forum I find something at.
    Understandable, but xda-developers will have lots of stuff you might want and that will only be available through them. It's not just another forum, it's the premier hacking/custom app forum for Windows Mobile...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm having no luck. I had this working great on my 700wx. I installed the recompile version of tcpmp then the flashvideo bundle, but when I go to Youtube and click on a video it tells me that JavaScript is turned off or I have an old version of Flash. Any suggestions? I've reinstalled a couple times, soft reset, but am not sure where to go next...

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Well, finally got it to work. Took uninstalling both, reinstalling again. It also seems that the Skweezer version of YouTube was not working while the full version was. Odd...

Its working for me but the audio sync seems to be off. Anyone else notice that?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help, it seems to work so far. I got the flvplayer cab to install and the context menus show up on Youtube but it's failing with a "youtube swf args not found" error. Guess I'll keep banging away on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Thanks for the help, it seems to work so far. I got the flvplayer cab to install and the context menus show up on Youtube but it's failing with a "youtube swf args not found" error. Guess I'll keep banging away on it.

U might have an older version of flashvideo bundle. it used to do that and then it was fixed in a newer release...
    I get an error message when I try and watch videos off youtube, it says "RTSP protocol not supported".

That sucks big time. Haven't gotten youtube to work since I got the darn phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Well, finally got it to work. Took uninstalling both, reinstalling again. It also seems that the Skweezer version of YouTube was not working while the full version was. Odd...

Step by step instructions please..you have a novice over here trying to learn.
    Playing a video file (mpeg4 file 640x480 at 24fps) on my old Treo 650 plays fine, however on the 800w the same video on the same microsd card averages only around 10-12fps which makes it a bit jumpy playback after about a minute into the video. Is Windows Mobile to blame?

Anyone with a faster sdhc card experiencing better playback? ...I don't want to buy a sdhc card if it has the same problems.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 08/20/2008 at 12:24 PM.
    I downloaded the recomp version of TCPMP from xda website and it installed fine and is working good. However, the volume seems awful low even tho I have the volume setting on TCPMP up as loud as it goes, and the volume up on the side button too. Seems like the only way I can hear it is thru headphones. Anyone else have this problem? Any way to fix it?
    i downloaded what you guys downloaded. however, when i click on a video to download on youtube, it doesnot give me an option to save the video which i use to do with my mogul?

can anyone guide me in the right direction to doing that. by the way, treo rocks
    You need to install zbop's FlashVideoBundle. That's what gives you the option to save.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148801
    hannip

you tha man
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Playing a video file (mpeg4 file 640x480 at 24fps) on my old Treo 650 plays fine, however on the 800w the same video on the same microsd card averages only around 10-12fps which makes it a bit jumpy playback after about a minute into the video. Is Windows Mobile to blame?

Anyone with a faster sdhc card experiencing better playback? ...I don't want to buy a sdhc card if it has the same problems.
    I am not an expert but you could have different settings for the scaling or rendering of the 640x480 down.

I have excellent results with actual 320x 320. I crop about 10% on either side to reduce the lette rboxing loss before taking it to 320x320
    I have loaded TCPMP on my 800w, however when I start playing an avi file, it starts playing just fine and the video disappears and menu options only seen half way. Then it stays like that until I uninstall and then re-install tspmp. Any suggestions on how to get this issue solved?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast