Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I like the Sprite Backup program, and have set it to auto-backup each night/morning at 4am (only stores most recent 3 backups).

I set 4am since I am definitely NOT awake and using my phone at that time. It is sitting and charging.

But every day that I have had this set, my phone loses its connection to activesync and won't REESTABLISH it unless I reboot both my computer and phone.

They simply won't see each other. It is getting to be annoying.

Is this normal or do I have some setting wrong? Wouldn't it be best to backup during the night? Is it bad to backup while connected?

thanks
    K--

oh, I have noticed that I checked the "suspend PPC after backup" box in SB. I have now "unchecked" that. Would that have done it?
    The problem probably stems from Sprite resetting your device after every backup. I wish it could do a good backup without the need to reset.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    "Suspend PPC after backup" was the culprit. Unchecked it and the problem went away.

Case closed.

Just posting this so the thread can be "searched" and used as a reference later.
    thanks
    K--
  4. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    "Suspend PPC after backup" was the culprit. Unchecked it and the problem went away.

Case closed.

Just posting this so the thread can be "searched" and used as a reference later.
    thanks
    K--
    What is PPC
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    What is PPC
    Pocket Personal Computer
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post

Case closed.

thanks
    K--
    Thanks! I've been having odd issues overnight as well, waking up to find my phone's radio offline.