1.    #1  
    After installing a program, can I delete the cab file? Is there a way to delete it from the Treo directly or must I go the the view on the PC?
    Laissez Faire
    On treo go to Start->Settings and click on the System tab. Select the Remove Programs icon.

I am assuming you are asking how to remove an installed program. If you don't want to remove the program but just want to delete a cab file you can use File Explorer to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    After installing a program, can I delete the cab file? Is there a way to delete it from the Treo directly or must I go the the view on the PC?
    Ya..I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. Cab files are installations files which stores that particular program on your phone. Just like how you have installation CD or file to install software on your PC. Once installation is complete, you can do whatever you want with that installation file. Delete it, save it for later incase you want to reinstall.

Now if you want to remove the program it installed on your phone, you have to uninstall it just like how you would on your PC. You can't just delete files to remove a program. To uninstall or remove the program on your phone, you have to go to Settings/system/Remove programs. Or you can sync your phone to your PC you can use Activesync to uninstall by going to Tools/Add Remove Programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Ya..I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. Cab files are installations files which stores that particular program on your phone. Just like how you have installation CD or file to install software on your PC. Once installation is complete, you can do whatever you want with that installation file. Delete it, save it for later incase you want to reinstall.

Now if you want to remove the program it installed on your phone, you have to uninstall it just like how you would on your PC. You can't just delete files to remove a program. To uninstall or remove the program on your phone, you have to go to Settings/system/Remove programs. Or you can sync your phone to your PC you can use Activesync to uninstall by going to Tools/Add Remove Programs.
    yeah...what he said.

i just throw cabs in my "800w" folder on my desktop and sync. After the sync, do the install. Then delete the cab and you are good to go.

If you have WM .exe files, you need to keep them as they are not installs, rather the actual program you are running (dotnetvnc for example).

BK