Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi folks

Thought I'd post a link to a few accessories I found online and see if anyone of you has purchased them.

Centro Battery w/charger

http://www.centrodepot.com/palm-spar.../8A37A3772.htm

Accessories by Pocket Solutions

http://www.thepocketsolution.com/tre...cessories.html

Accessories by BoxWave (sold on amazon)

http://www.boxwave.com/products/easy...ories_3195.htm

Also what cases are forum members using to carry the phone.

thanks

BigMots
    I hate it when websites put tons of generic junk up as accessories for specific phones. Some of the accessories listed (i.e. the 3.5mm adapter) won't even work with the Treo 800w and some of them are listed due to the company's laziness (i.e. a bluetooth GPS for a phone that has GPS?).

Those companies don't look like security is high on their priority list either. I'll stick with the trusted companies; i.e. Seidio, Sprint and Amazon. I don't mind paying a little more money to a more reputable place.
    even on amazon you have to be careful not to use any third party merchants.
    As with lots of sellers ebay they just list teh stuf without checking, sell cheap and have shipping costs so they know you wont bother to return $5 item with $5 shipping since you will lose $10 on shipping both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    even on amazon you have to be careful not to use any third party merchants.
    I agree. I remember seeing 800w batteries on Amazon, Ebay, etc., which states they are compatible with 700 and 800p. We know the 700w/wx and 800w batteries are totally different. And what's with a 800p?
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 07/28/2008 at 02:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried this audio adaptor?
    http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...19222&cat=3311
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Quote Originally Posted by hlazar View Post
    Has anyone tried this audio adaptor?
    http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...19222&cat=3311
    Won't work. It's been discussed in multiple threads here thus far.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Won't work. It's been discussed in multiple threads here thus far.
    Actually the adapter that wouldn't work was the direct motorolla one. This is made by a different company.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Actually the adapter that wouldn't work was the direct motorolla one. This is made by a different company.
    Erm, I've seen multiple ones discussed and all current Micro to 3.5mm didn't work that I've seen so far.

Buy it and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Is there a good quality stylus out yet? The one from the link seems like a cheap generic one (doesn't even seem to fit our phone).
    I tried to get people to list experience by part number . but kasracer is probably right of they are made for the same phone as one which did not work.

The problem is that the physical size, position of pins is and which pins are 5v are going tob e standard across usb micro, but other aspects may not be standard across usb mini handsets.

So I would say we are going to be able to power and charge with any charger >500 mA micro USB (although 1000ma will be three to four tiems faster), and a generic or other brand micro usb cable will trickle charge and sync, but headphones may not work.
    Ordered this battery & charger this morning:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20

I am afraid to carry the battery in my pocket, if it is to close to the phone i am afraid it will drain the battery :-)
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I am afraid to carry the battery in my pocket, if it is to close to the phone i am afraid it will drain the battery :-)
    haha
    Sprint gave me an extra batt. Anywhere I can get just the charger?
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    I just noticed that you can pre-order the Innocase case and holder from Seidio...

Innocase Case $29.95

Innocase Holster $29.95

Innocase Surface Combo $49.95

Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I just noticed that you can pre-order the Innocase case and holder from Seidio...

Or order the combo....

Looks nice. I don't know anything about the InnoCases, though, and I've never been a fan of the skin-type cases just because of the problems they cause with other accessories.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I have the Springclip holster...

The only problem I have with it is it sometimes makes contact with the vibrate on/off switch on the top. The Comb should resolve this.

The only problem I can foresee with the combo is people who periodically soft reset (physical battery removal, not software) or those who like to remove the MicroSD card. In my case, it won't have a problem, since I use a program to soft reset and I never even remove my MicroSD card anymore, since I have Wi-Fi and BT access, as well as ActiveSync, to/from my device.
  17.    #17  
    hi folks

Got the $10 Durabrand car charger (says compatible w/Motorola phones on the box) last night from Walmart, seems to work well with the Treo.

BigMots
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Looks nice. I don't know anything about the InnoCases, though, and I've never been a fan of the skin-type cases just because of the problems they cause with other accessories.
    Guess the other concern with the Skin type cases would be swapping out batteries. Given the treo battery, most of us have (or will carry) an additional battery and would have to swap it out at some point during the day, unless one is in the car and/or office and has ability to charge the phone. Wonder how hard/easy it is to remove the innocase to swap the battery out.

BigMots
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    Guess the other concern with the Skin type cases would be swapping out batteries. Given the treo battery, most of us have (or will carry) an additional battery and would have to swap it out at some point during the day, unless one is in the car and/or office and has ability to charge the phone. Wonder how hard/easy it is to remove the innocase to swap the battery out.

BigMots
    I have owned an Innocase for a BlackBerry Curve, Treo 750, 755, Mogul and a few others. The case is not easy to remove devices that don't have slider keyboards like the Treos. The case was easy to remove on the Mogul because the 2 case pieces did not attach to each other, they just snapped on the phone. The Treo pieces connect to each other and the connection is so tight that I would not want to remove it more then once a week or so.
  20.    #20  
    hi again

Just checked, bodyguardz film is now avail for the Treo 800. Check it out.

http://www.bodyguardz.com/ProductDet...%2DBPT8%2D0708

This would be a better option than the skin cases, as it would permit the back cover to be opened to replace the battery.

I checked on zagg.com (Invisishield), nothing for the Treo over there.

BigMots
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast