1.    #1  
    Anyone know why I cant send email from 800w?
    They are sent and end up in my sent folder but they are not actually delivered.
    Im sending tests to myself and checking for them on my home computer.
    Any suggestions?
  2.    #2  
    For some bizarre reason new emails are sent but not delivered.But if I send one from my home computer and receive it on the cell phone,when I reply to that email it is sent and received by my home computer.
    So It seems the email settings are correct.It just doesnt work for new emails.
    I believe and someeone can correct me that comcast much like Optonline I use you need to use the Sprint SMTP to send emails. Comcast and other you can only send email inside other comcast emails addreeeses and not outside one. I needed to use the sprint server to send my email because optonline.net does not alow this either.again I belive this is correct with comcast also. on Optonline if you pay for the speed boost you get access to a port that works they told me. someone here said there was a port for optonline to use but im not sure. maybe theres one for comcast. call them.
    If it is SMTP the isp's have all several methods to defeat spam. I recall with bell atlantic under verizon for a few years you could not even use a non bellatlatic return email address through their smtp servers which caused an uproar among people with their own domain.

with new messages not sent but sending working after received it sounds like your isp's system is to not to allow smpt if not first pop'ed (not send emails if not first received).

In this case you want to pop (incoming) your comcast with comcast's mail server, your comcast user name and password but in your email setup use sprints servers, your sprint username and your sprint password.
    eg:
    outgoing server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    outgoing username: your sprint username
    password: your sprint password
    you want to check authenticast (esmpt)

If you use wifi you have the situation repeat as sprint sometimes rejects access to their smtp when not coming through them. I use my domain host smpt.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I actually work for Comcast internet/phone support. I've personally been able to send and receive email via 800w. Mail servers as follow

incoming: mail.comcast.net port: 110
    outgoing: smtp.comcast.net port 25

also make sure the username your not adding the @comcast.net, if you have any other problems you can pm me your username and I will take a look...
  6.    #6  
    That fixed it .THANKS THANKS THANKS
    I must have had the user name wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by gr2gztch View Post
    I actually work for Comcast internet/phone support. I've personally been able to send and receive email via 800w. Mail servers as follow

also make sure the username your not adding the @comcast.net, if you have any other problems you can pm me your username and I will take a look...
    I don't see an option on the phones to put port settings in. I am very frustrated i use My comcast account for everything and i have the worst time getting my email on my phone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    What are you using?
    Just the built in client on my Treo 800w. I tried Seven and also sprint mobile email and i didn't see a port option for setting it up.

What are you using?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    If your using the built in client it should automatically know the settings
    It sits at Logging on for like 10 minutes... my gmail doesn't do that it goes thru the process in like a minute.

If your using the built in client it should automatically know the settings
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    In the mail client click menu, tools, options, click on comcast, then hit edit account setup, hit next and its in there
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I believe and someeone can correct me that comcast much like Optonline I use you need to use the Sprint SMTP to send emails. Comcast and other you can only send email inside other comcast emails addreeeses and not outside one. I needed to use the sprint server to send my email because optonline.net does not alow this either.again I belive this is correct with comcast also. on Optonline if you pay for the speed boost you get access to a port that works they told me. someone here said there was a port for optonline to use but im not sure. maybe theres one for comcast. call them.

You are 100% correct. I've had to set up all my Treo's that way since about 2006. That's when Optonline made the switch and I'm sure Comcast is the same way.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    The treo is able to send the mail via Comcast Smtp, so that statement would be false.
    Last edited by gr2gztch; 07/31/2008 at 12:36 PM.
    What i am saying is that i don't have an option to put in POrt numbers? should I?

The treo is able to send the mail via Comcast Smtp, so that statement would be false.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    If your using the email client on the 800w it will automatically put those port numbers in
    The problem is that it takes over 10 minutes for it to get my email onto my phone why does it sit at logging on for so long . i don't understand it at all.

If your using the email client on the 800w it will automatically put those port numbers in