1.    #1  
    My main desktop recently failed (power supply died which took out additional hardware; I replaced the PSU but am still working through figuring out what else died) so I am currently working on the Mac Mini I use for OS X development and testing.

I've tried connecting to my phone via Bluetooth but it doesn't seem to work. It'll pair but both the Phone and OS X say that the only services available is a Serial connection.

I cannot send any files via Bluetooth (even with Bluetooth Sharing services enabled) as I just receive an error stating another device is already sending data to my phone (but there is no other devices connect to my phone).

Any ideas? Anyone else going through the same issue?
    You prolly need the Missing Sync for Windows mobile. Not sure if this device has been certified though.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    My 800w connects fine using Missing Sync.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    If you need to sync to transfer files and such, you'll need to buy The Missing Sync. Or, use bootcamp to install a small windows partition for you to boot into. If youre already running some kind of virtualization like parallels or fusion, you can do all your syncing from there.
  5.    #5  
    Even if I don't want to sync I have to buy Missing Sync to get Bluetooth file sending working? That sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Even if I don't want to sync I have to buy Missing Sync to get Bluetooth file sending working? That sucks...
    I can send files back and forth from my mac to phone and phone to mac. Just make sure "accept incoming beams" is checked on the phone, pair your phone and computer (I started from the computer, but from phone to mac might work) and use the bluetooth "send file." It says the phone says it doesn't accept the file, but it does.

For the other way, if you have leopard you have to open up bluetooth sharing in the sharing preferences in system preferences. Enable it and tell it when recieving items: "accept and save" or whatever. Tada, it works fine now.
  7.    #7  
    Interesting. Incoming beams actually affects Bluetooth settings? I'll have to give that a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Interesting. Incoming beams actually affects Bluetooth settings? I'll have to give that a shot.
    Yes... Incoming beams includes BT.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.