1.    #1  
    Buddy of mine has a Treo 700p (Palm OS) that was replaced under Sprint's insurance plan. He received a 755p as a replacement. Wow!

I had an accident with my 700wx and was hoping that I my replacement would be an 800w but, unfortunately I received a brand new 700wx.

Why would my friend get the newer model but I wouldn't?

Did they run out of 700p models but not 700wx? What a bummer. Thought I was going to be enjoying the newer model but nooooooooooooo.....
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Remember your friend was using a Palm OS device and you were using a WM device. As long as there's WX's left in stock, that's what you're goung to get if you've had an eqivalent WM device
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

I'm quite suprised he got a 755p, they had 700p's relatively recently. He may have just gotten lucky.

Have an "accident" in about 6 months, and you *MIGHT* get an 800w.

(Oh, and Sprint is well aware of this "loophole" to getting a new phone. That's why they have a giant warehouse stocked with refurbished phones so they don't have to give you a new one.)
    i broke my 700w and they replaced it with the 700wx, got verizon to foot the insurance bill as i threatend to leave them for sprint, who was releasing the 800w. i told them i would not agree to pay for a phone that was going to be a bridge till they released the 800w, and if i had to either pay or use my new every 2 I would just leave