Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. Ghildebr's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone tried Emansio Push Email (VGS Mail)? http://www.emansio.com/index.jsp. Dieter and Malatesta breifly mentioned it in one of their last podcasts as a light weight plug-in for Pocket Outlook to allow IMAP idle. I have it installed and have it working but I am getting errors with the file tmail.exe asking me to report the error message to Microsoft. It looks like the plug-in cost about $40.00 but if it could save me on battery life and get me through the day, it might be worth it, that is if I can get it working correctly.
  2. #2  
    TRy turning off error reporting and see if the OS can just push through it without a crash.

    Oftentimes the error reporting feature pops up and stops everything when the OS itself could manage to keep going.

    edi; your error may be more serious after second read.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  3. Ghildebr's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #3  
    When I turn off error reporting, it does seem to work, sorta. I do have the ability to send/receive email and it is using push email. I usally get the email on my Treo before I get it in Outlook. I have been playing with it for the last several hours. On several occasions it has froze up Pocket Outlook with the hour glass and the only way I have found to correct the issue is to end task on my mailbox and restart Pocket Outlook.
  4. #4  
    Anyone else try this? It works pretty good for me except that it skews all the sent times on my emails to 10:39pm. I noticed that in the program logging the time is off also. It only crashes when you mess with the settings, and other that the skewed times it works good.
  5. Ghildebr's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #5  
    I am using it with mixed results. I am currently syncing 2 accounts, one Exchange Active Sync and one IMAP. I was setting my IMAP account to sync every 5 minutes but was having issues with horrible battery life, somewhere between 6 to 8 hours on average. For the last three days I have been able to get through the entire day with sometimes 25% battery life remaining by using this program and setting up my IMAP account to use IMAP idle. It does freeze up the pocket outlook on occasion, but an end task and restart of outlook usually seems to fix things. There are definitely issues with the program, but due to the fact that I am now getting through the day with my current battery, I am definitely looking at purchasing the product and hoping that they get the issues fixed soon. I have not seen any issues with the time on my emails being off.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghildebr View Post
    I am using it with mixed results. I am currently syncing 2 accounts, one Exchange Active Sync and one IMAP. I was setting my IMAP account to sync every 5 minutes but was having issues with horrible battery life, somewhere between 6 to 8 hours on average. For the last three days I have been able to get through the entire day with sometimes 25% battery life remaining by using this program and setting up my IMAP account to use IMAP idle. It does freeze up the pocket outlook on occasion, but an end task and restart of outlook usually seems to fix things. There are definitely issues with the program, but due to the fact that I am now getting through the day with my current battery, I am definitely looking at purchasing the product and hoping that they get the issues fixed soon. I have not seen any issues with the time on my emails being off.
    What imap service are you using? Gmail doesnt seem to work, even though the advertise for it. I am using everyone.net right now that gives me the skewed time.
  7. Ghildebr's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #7  
    I am actually connecting back to two separate Exchange Servers. I initially attempted to set things up per the instructions here, http://www.bitshift.ch/eng/support/kbase/000003.asp, but was never successful. I then went the IMAP route on one of the exchange servers finally setting things to use IMAP idle to assist in the battery life issue. I have corresponded to Emansio twice on the errors that I am getting and they have said that they are aware of the issue but have been unable to constantly reproduce the problem on their end. I really hate buying a product that is not working correctly on my device, but this is the best product that I have found for real time monitoring of multiple mailboxes. I wish that Microsoft would have included support for IMAP idle with Pocket Outlook. Then I would not be having this issue.
  8. #8  
    is this still an issue
  9. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #9  
    Please let us know if this has been resolved. When I emailed them they said a new release would come in 3rd or 4th quarter of this year but didn't respond when I pressed for more info.
  10. Ghildebr's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #10  
    It's still an issue, Emansio has yet to update their program. I have found for the most part that if I reboot my phone every morning everything works correctly, for the most part, all day long. I am easily making it through the day on battery life, which is why I bought it to start with, but if I had to do it again I probably would not of purchase the software and would of went to a multiple battery with desk/car charger. Emansio is very slow at replying to any enquiry, and their software is constantly checking to see if it's a registered copy. More than once it has come back with a status of "not registered" and stopped my email from going to my phone. Usually a reboot fixes that issue but sometimes it's hours before I notice that I need to reboot my phone.
  11. #11  
    that is sad... they did not fix it until now..... i am trying out flexmail now
  12. #12  
    Try Profimail. Visit the forums and get the beta. I've tried everything out there and so far this is the best/fastest I've found.

    http://www.lonelycatgames.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6051
  13. Ghildebr's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #13  
    I initially started with FlexMail. The only problem that I had was receiving notifications. Sometimes I would get them and sometimes I would not. I personally feel that the Emansio plug-in is better option than FlexMail, itís much smaller and integrates nicely with Pocket Outlook. I just wish that they would update their software on a more regular basis, or at least acknowledge the bugs and give me a timetable for when they may be addressed. I use my phone primarily for email. I monitor two separate accounts that get somewhere between 200 to 300 emails a day. Even with that type of load, I can still get buy an entire day with the stock battery, without recharging my phone, using the Emansio plug-in.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghildebr View Post
    I initially started with FlexMail. The only problem that I had was receiving notifications. Sometimes I would get them and sometimes I would not. I personally feel that the Emansio plug-in is better option than FlexMail, itís much smaller and integrates nicely with Pocket Outlook. I just wish that they would update their software on a more regular basis, or at least acknowledge the bugs and give me a timetable for when they may be addressed. I use my phone primarily for email. I monitor two separate accounts that get somewhere between 200 to 300 emails a day. Even with that type of load, I can still get buy an entire day with the stock battery, without recharging my phone, using the Emansio plug-in.
    so does the Emansio plug-in work.... if so... i would rather pay for it then the bulky flex mail
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman50 View Post
    Try Profimail. Visit the forums and get the beta. I've tried everything out there and so far this is the best/fastest I've found.

    http://www.lonelycatgames.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6051
    does it support push for gmail
  16. Ghildebr's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #16  
    I have not tried it with gmail but a quick google produced this YouTube link.

  17. Ghildebr's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    so does the Emansio plug-in work.... if so... i would rather pay for it then the bulky flex mail
    The plug-in works for the most part. I have got in the habit of automatically rebooting my Treo before I take it off the charger in the morning. The only time I seem to have issues is if I go into a dead spot (coverage) and then come back out. Sometimes it connects back and sometimes it doesn't. Also every now and then I get a message in the Emansio logs that my registration fails, and that disconnects me. There are a few bugs that need to be looked at but on a whole it's useable.
  18. #18  
    do they have a trial version.... profimail do not support push.... for gmail.....
    i am goggling and goggling....
  19. Ghildebr's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #19  
    Yes, there is a 14 day trial, but the last 7 days it puts a banner on your subject line thats rather annoying. Get it off of the Emansio site.

    http://www.emansio.com/index.jsp
  20. #20  
    working on it now.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions