1.    #1  
    On a 40 min phone call, phone gets hot, shuts down, screen goes black and couldn't get it to turn on. Plugged it in to charger, still wouldn't turn on. Removed battery and it was really hot, had to replace battery to get the phone to turn on again.
    Anybody else have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    On a 40 min phone call, phone gets hot, shuts down, screen goes black and couldn't get it to turn on. Plugged it in to charger, still wouldn't turn on. Removed battery and it was really hot, had to replace battery to get the phone to turn on again.
    Sounds like a perfect case for a sprint store warranty exchange.
    I have the same issue. Mine overheats as well. Pretty up.
    I noticed it quit charging but did not over heat. Most interesting. When unplugged and plugged back in, charging started again as usual.
    Are you using the charger from the box?
    Don't know if this helps, but on my treo 750, I get notification the charging function is disabled when the battery temp is high. Usually happens when the charger is plugged in and doing internet sharing via BT in a bad HSDPA signal area (phone hunts for signal all the time).
    Mine did that. I got it exchanges for another one. there was a short.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Are you using the charger from the box?
    Yes
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    Don't know if this helps, but on my treo 750, I get notification the charging function is disabled when the battery temp is high. Usually happens when the charger is plugged in and doing internet sharing via BT in a bad HSDPA signal area (phone hunts for signal all the time).
    I think that's exactly what happened, it wouldn't charge while it was hot. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I did change the battery and it started charging even tho the phone was still hot. I wonder if it is the battery? and is it just a few phones or common to all of them?
    Common to all of them. I think the phone monitor the battery temperature, not phone temp. Hence you are able to charge a new battery while the phone is hot. I read once in T750 forum this seldom happen with an extended battery.
    If you're running a lot of stuff while charging, the battery can get *VERY* hot.

Had my 800w charging while using GPS and bluetooth, sitting in the sun, and it got hot enough to worry me, though I did not get a message. I did move it out of the sun as soon as I noticed, however.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    hopefully sprint won't try to blame it on 3rd party apps
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If you're running a lot of stuff while charging, the battery can get *VERY* hot.

Had my 800w charging while using GPS and bluetooth, sitting in the sun, and it got hot enough to worry me, though I did not get a message. I did move it out of the sun as soon as I noticed, however.
    Not quite that many Ebag, had that overheating message once when talking on the phone for about 50mins while the charger was plugged-in. Just unplugged the charger & continue yapping *shrug*.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    Not quite that many Ebag, had that overheating message once when talking on the phone for about 50mins while the charger was plugged-in. Just unplugged the charger & continue yapping *shrug*.
    So in other words you were using your radio constantly for over 50 minutes, while holding it against a ~98* heat source, while charging, and wondered why it got hot?

It's fairly easy to overheat a phone, especially one as jam packed as ours. Heck, even the old style candybar phones can get pretty toasty if you're chatting and talking at the same time.

On the other hand, it's nice if you have an ear infection.....
    its easy to overheat a phone these days with temps rising to 100 F. its actually a prtoective mechanism for the phone which is good.

what i do is just take the back cover out and let the heat dissipate after it shuts down.
  16.    #16  
    I have had 2 hr phone calls on my 700wx with the seidio 2600 mah battery, on and off the charger and never had this happen. I will have to do some more testing, I hope a 40 min call on the charger is not the limit.
    I have had 2 hr phone calls on my 700wx with the seidio 2600 mah battery, on and off the charger and never had this happen. I will have to do some more testing, I hope a 40 min call on the charger is not the limit.
    Key words here is 2600 mAh. Bigger capacity battery helps with the temp.