Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    The Alt key does hang, but I avoid using it since Ctrl-S pops up the symbol list anyway.
    Other than that, I have not noticed any issues. It works great and is so efficient.
    hmm, sucks about the alt key. I'd be afraid of pressing it by accident. I still hit it all the time expecting a right shift key to be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You should see all of the shortcut names in the list of programs to select in setting/buttons. Anyway I see them. Maybe requires a soft reset?
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding is there a option to set J for Java? I don't think you can change the buttons just the programs right?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding is there a option to set J for Java? I don't think you can change the buttons just the programs right?
    You select a button then select the program to be associated with it. In the list of programs you should see the names of each settings shortcut. For example, if you wanted to assign the Bluetooth settings to the Hold Side button you would select the Hold Side button in the button settings then click the pulldown menu and scroll through the list until you see Bluetooth and select that. Close the buttons settings. Then when you hold the side button the bluetooth options should appear.

There are other 3rd party apps such as Ctrl Key Pro and AE Button Plus and maybe MagicKB that will let you assign programs to any key if you want that.
    You select a button then select the program to be associated with it. In the list of programs you should see the names of each settings shortcut. For example, if you wanted to assign the Bluetooth settings to the Hold Side button you would select the Hold Side button in the button settings then click the pulldown menu and scroll through the list until you see Bluetooth and select that. Close the buttons settings. Then when you hold the side button the bluetooth options should appear.

There are other 3rd party apps such as Ctrl Key Pro and AE Button Plus and maybe MagicKB that will let you assign programs to any key if you want that.
    I tried Ctrl Key Pro, and when you assign a Key, for instance N for notes app, it wont allow you to use that key for anything else, say if you were txting, the N key wouldn't work.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I tried Ctrl Key Pro, and when you assign a Key, for instance N for notes app, it wont allow you to use that key for anything else, say if you were txting, the N key wouldn't work.
    You have to assign a key as your Ctrl key then assign Notes to Ctrl-N.
    does anyone else have this problem... where "usb to pc" actually says "usp to pc"

also i have a icon/setting for a program that doesnt show up in that folder but shows up in the original settings/system folder
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    does anyone else have this problem... where "usb to pc" actually says "usp to pc"

also i have a icon/setting for a program that doesnt show up in that folder but shows up in the original settings/system folder
    There was a typo in one of the older versions posted. Just download the one in the first post and reinstall. (or just rename it)

Which program is not showing?
    There was a typo in one of the older versions posted. Just download the one in the first post and reinstall. (or just rename it)

Which program is not showing?
    thanks. didn't notice that it was updated. I have to download when I get back to a computer. I can't download with skyfire and the downloads don't show with PIE.
    The program is called multi IE which works with PIE with tabbed browsing etc.

By the way, how do I get this settings to show up in my UL today thing. I tried looking for it but could not find it.

thank you hannip!
  9.    #49  
    You should be able to add them just like any other program. I'm not familiar with UL so maybe someone else that is can assist.
    How many times have you wanted to be able to assign a settings control panel app to a button for easy access?
    Very cool. Thanks! This actually helped with another question in a thread about quickly being able to change the brightness setting.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123