1.    #1  
    Is there a setting I overlooked or otherwise a freeware program that would let me adjust email polling based on time of day?

For instance, right now, I have a series of email accounts that are checked at 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 1 hour intervals. I would like to have them ALL check for email at 1 hour intervals between midnight and 6 AM, and maybe once every two hours on the weekend.
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
    With all that set your battery must be dead by noon. Look into a program called SEVEN. It is a pushmail system where you set the time frame plus it allows several accounts. Probably more battery friendly since your phone does not have to go get it every so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonq View Post
    Is there a setting I overlooked or otherwise a freeware program that would let me adjust email polling based on time of day?

For instance, right now, I have a series of email accounts that are checked at 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 1 hour intervals. I would like to have them ALL check for email at 1 hour intervals between midnight and 6 AM, and maybe once every two hours on the weekend.
    3rd party programs can sometimes manage this like PhoneAlarm Pro, SBSH PhoneWeaver, etc.

But at least for a few weeks those program's need to be updated for the 800w.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    With all that set your battery must be dead by noon. Look into a program called SEVEN. It is a pushmail system where you set the time frame plus it allows several accounts. Probably more battery friendly since your phone does not have to go get it every so often.
    Actually, it holds up pretty well. Following usage:

* Bluetooth off, WiFi off, Location On
    * 1 hour's worth of phone calls
    * 10 - 20 text messages
    * 30 minutes RSS feed reading
    * 1 hour online
    * RSS polled every 2 hours
    * Weather polled every 4 hours
    * Email polling
    - 2 @ 15 minutes
    - 1 @ 30 minutes
    - 2 @ 1 hours

Off the charger at 7am, back on at 11pm. Goes from 100% to 16%. I just don't want the screen turning on in my face at 2 am because it picked up some spam
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
    try mortscript. It is freeware & can do a lot of things. There is an example of a scheduler script on the site which you can use.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've also been looking for something like this for a long time since I like to avoid checking my work email over the weekend/afterhours but I want to get my personal email regularly, and I think I just came across a viable solution - http://www.gudensoft.com/emailscheduler/. It can differentiate b/w weekdays/weekends, you can set checking frequency and times, and you can select what email accounts you want it to affect.

I just installed it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works!
    I found this on XDA. I have not had the time to test it out on the 800 yet, but if someone is willing to test. here it is.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=438970

Outlook Email Scheduler .60beta

Email Scheduler is a simple service program for Windows Mobile Devices that will automatically change your email polling settings. This means that just like ActiveSync, you can now have a schedule for all of your email accounts to check for messages. Setup is a snap, just install the cab, run the email scheduler settings program, set it the way you want, and save! The rest will be handled by the program. This is actually 2 programs, one is the service that gets launched when needed, the other control's the settings. WM can launch programs at certain times, and this takes advantage of that so there is no constantly running program (no footprint!)

EDIT: Installed and configured the settings. I will know by morning if it works.
    Last edited by Painter_; 12/29/2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Update status
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Just to save others some time:

Painter_'s Outlook Email Scheduler .60beta and pimphand's gudensoft email scheduler are the same program.
    Outlook Email Scheduler .60beta works well. I slept all night without an email. At 7:00 my 2 test accounts 1 IMAP4 and 1 pop downloaded as scheduled.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    Just to save others some time:

Painter_'s Outlook Email Scheduler .60beta and pimphand's gudensoft email scheduler are the same program.
    Glad to see I wasn't going crazy when I saw painter's post.

I had similar success this morning - no emails overnight and it checked at 8 AM as scheduled.

I'm hoping that my settings will shut it down completely over the weekend - I have the start/end times both set to 12:00 AM.
    I did not relize that they were the same program. I downloaded it from XDA Developers (great site).

The settings are a little rough but the program seams to work well. I was trying to figure out how to do this with mortscript. Now I do not have to.
    I just downloaded this program, and have a question. What does the "start setting" and "end setting" times actually mean?

I'm assuming the start setting refers to how often I want to launch the program and check for email and the end setting refers to how long until the email applications shutdown.

What am I missing? I understand the start and end times, just not the purpose of the start and end settings?

Can someone explain...

Thanks in advance,

Cosmo
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post
    I just downloaded this program, and have a question. What does the "start setting" and "end setting" times actually mean?

I'm assuming the start setting refers to how often I want to launch the program and check for email and the end setting refers to how long until the email applications shutdown.

What am I missing? I understand the start and end times, just not the purpose of the start and end settings?

Can someone explain...

Thanks in advance,

Cosmo
    Based on my interpretation, the 'start' setting indicates how often an email account will be checked during your 'start time' and 'end time' time window. The 'end' setting indicates how often an email account will be checked when you're outside of that time window.

For instance, I have my start time set for 8:00 AM and my end time set for 6:00 PM. My start setting is for every 30 minutes and my end setting is manual. So, when it's between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, my email checks every 30 minutes. When it's after 6:00 PM and before 8:00 AM, the email is only checked when I manually check it.

Hope that clarifies!
    That really helps alot. Now that you've clarified it, that makes perfect sense. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what the end settings meant. I was fairly certain about the start settings (as this is the whole reason for the program).

Again, thanks for the help!

Cosmo
    So how is this working out for you guys?
    It rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    It rocks
    I was reading the xda link and supposedly Gmail doesnt work. Most of my inboxes are from gmail. Any insight on that?
    I think that that gmail issue is related ti the imap idle in the new version, not the mail checking based on the time of day. Currently I have my gmail being checked from 6:00 AM - 11:00 PM with out a problem.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Working like a champ for me, too. One of my accounts is a gmail account, and I haven't had any real problems . . . except that it takes forever for the checking cycle to complete. That's not the scheduler's fault, though.

It's been updated to .70beta, btw. I've been using the .60 version.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    question.. I set my weekday times to start 7AM but end 12:30AM. I have it set to start EVERY 2 HOURS and end MANUALLY. at 12:15 am, I was set to MANUAL. SHould it not have changed until 12:30AM??? This is on a Treo 800W and and IMAP account...

Thanks...