Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    so I hear about all these treo 750 users who say there battery is crap because it won't last them through a whole day of heavy usage. I have the same problem but I've also noticed how fast the battery recharges. has anyone else noticed this also??
    Quote Originally Posted by fktruong View Post
    so I hear about all these treo 750 users who say there battery is crap because it won't last them through a whole day of heavy usage. I have the same problem but I've also noticed how fast the battery recharges. has anyone else noticed this also??
    Yea, it recharges rather quickly,
    Turn of 3g and the battery lasts longer.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    well I have an unlocked treo 750 that I use for T-mobile so I don't have 3G haha. but yeah so far I've only had to reset it once and that was after installing the 3rd party app tman which is really a great task manager.
    The main culprit for the quick drain in the Treo 750 battery is the constant switching between 3G (UMTS) and GSM bands. So it is advisable to disable this Auto feature. Choose either GSM or UMTS within the settings-connections- Wire manager-Phone-Services-Band Selection. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by roydok; 08/11/2008 at 05:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    settings-connections- Wire manager-Phone-Services-Band Selection - I don't have these selections.

I go from Wireless manager, if I click on Phone it turns the phone off, I can't find the services 'tab or selection' If I click on menu I get phone settings and Bluetooth settings and Disconnect Cellular data.... Can someone point me in the right direction. I can't make it 1 day without having to charge my phone in the car on the drive home from work or it will die about 8:00 that night, if I unplug the charger about 6:30 am when I leave for work......
    Start-Settings-Connections- Wireless Manager-Menu-Phone Settings-Services-Band Selection. Then choose your selection.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    U da man!!! Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Start-Settings-Connections- Wireless Manager-Menu-Phone Settings-Services-Band Selection. Then choose your selection.
    or just Start>Settings>Phone>Services>Band Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yea, it recharges rather quickly,
    Turn of 3g and the battery lasts longer.
    Berd, you dumped your Kaiser?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons View Post
    Berd, you dumped your Kaiser?
    Yea,
    I got the 750 for a little over $100
    I was missing the Treo FormFactor.
    The TYTN was sure a Power House though.
    Just call me Berd.
    My Tilt started to act a little weird, even after a hard reset, getting some bizarre random reset issues and a couple of letter keys getting a little finnicky so I blew the dust off my 750 and started using it again this weekend.

After a few months using Tilt exclusively, I am missing the processor speed a little, the screen size a little, and the ease of the Comm Manager that was part of the ROM I was using (to toggle things like 3G on/off, etc.).

But there's no doubt the 750 is still an exceptional device.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)