1.    #1  
    I know that the 650 is an "older" model by today's standards, but I have still held onto it and am trying to decide what to switch to. I looked at the 800w and had a very hard time going from my streamline use of the calender (in the Palm OS version) to the labor intensive and extremely unfriendly calender in windows 6.1. The difference between the two seem large. The palm version, to me seems quicker to use and go between programs. While windows 6.1 has many more features.

Does anyone have some suggestions to switch to windows version 6.1?

Is there an easier calender to use? The one included with the phone does not give options on the 15 minute to set up appointments with.

Is there a palm OS version coming out of a new treo PDA?

jrs
    It has been a little while since I used my 650 but I have no idea what you're talking about with regards to an "unfriendly windows calendar". I started with a 650, went to a 700wx and now have the 800w. I personally wouldn't go back to the Palm OS "for all the gold in your Fort Knox". Pull the trigger on the 800w...worst case scenario, you can return it within 30 days.
    There are a ton of calender programs for windows mobile.

However, it sounds like you believe that you could not have an appointment at 6:02 in the stock calender which is not the case. You can enter appointments at any time, 30 minutes is just the only thing listed in the drop down menu.

I like the stock calender.
  4.    #4  
    What calender programs would you recommend?

The stock calender is more time consuming to use, as I see many patients in 15-minute intervals. To have to click the end time (ex. 4:30pm), change it to a numbers entry, as it will type letters if you just type in the blank space, and then type (ex.) 4:45 is a pain. If you use your calender as often as I do, it is important.
    I moved from the Treo 650 to the 800w and I'd be tempted to beat someone if they tried to put me back on the 650 .

Let me list the 800w benefits that are not on the 650:
    • Built in GPS, with Sprint everything plan you've got navigation AND traffic condition updates.
    • Sprint TV
    • A decent built in e-mail client.
    • A decent built in web browser.
    • Office Mobile
    • Maps
    • Way faster device, web browsing, e-mail management and anything Internet related goes way faster, I mean WAY faster. No more sitting waiting for pages to load.
    • More on board memory space.
    • Better phone volume.
    • Better screen.
    • Better Camera
    • WiFi
    • EVDO Rev. A
    • No pokey antenna.
    • Micro SD slot holds cards with up to 8GB capacity.
    • Micro USB connector is not flaky like the Treo 650 power connector and an industry standard. (With the Treo 650, I don't know how many days I had to "jiggle" around with the sync/power connector to be able to get power AND sync at the same time.)
    • And the camera is better too .
    • ActiveSync, I no longer have to worry about "pressing the hot sync button" just to synchronize my PDA and PC. This also allows for things like automated PDA backups to the PC with Sprite Backup.

The calendar was a small adjustment, but there are other applications out there you can check out. If you're used to Outlook, the transition is easier.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alivejrs2 View Post
    What calender programs would you recommend?

The stock calender is more time consuming to use, as I see many patients in 15-minute intervals. To have to click the end time (ex. 4:30pm), change it to a numbers entry, as it will type letters if you just type in the blank space, and then type (ex.) 4:45 is a pain. If you use your calender as often as I do, it is important.
    Take a look at Pocket Informant.
    While Agendus for WM isn't up to par with its Palm sibling, it's still an excellent calendar/contacts manager.
    Try TodayAgenda today's plug-in to access & display your appt & tasks. It's freeware.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    Try TodayAgenda today's plug-in to access & display your appt & tasks. It's freeware.
    Does this pull from the in-built Calendar app?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Yes. It just display a list of your appt & tasks up to for the next 30 days. It's configurable.
    I am using TodayAgenda to display 3 days on my 800W and am very happy with it. It greatly reduces the clutter and is very customizable for us with old eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I am using TodayAgenda to display 3 days on my 800W and am very happy with it. It greatly reduces the clutter and is very customizable for us with old eyes.
    I've got it plugged into a tab on UltimateLaunch and I'm quite impressed with it other than the constant need to update itself (stay synced)... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    it does real good. I did though delete UltimateLaunch - the screen is just too cluttered.