1.    #1  
    Are there any web browsers for the Treo 800w (WM6.1) that have the ability to search the text on a web page (i.e. find/search)? I have WinWAP CE, IE (obviously), and Skyfire all installed and none seem to offer this functionality. Does Opera / Opera Mobile? Any others? Thanks.
    Opera Mobile does have a find feature. Touch and hold your finger/stylus to the screen and a context menu should pop up. "Find in Page" should be the last option.

Off-topic: I find it irritating that I can't select text past the border of the screen, ie have the page scroll slowly when I highlight stuff near an edge.
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Nice...does Opera mobile 9.5 beta install nicely on a memory card (without taking up any main memory)? On this page (http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/download/) it says "Installation on memory cards may cause problems." but it doesn't specify what kind or how to resolve those problems. Thanks.
    The version found at xda-developers installs nicely on memory cards.

Surur
  5.    #5  
    surur - any chance you could provide a link?

Also, do you know if it "messes" with any system settings, main memory, etc.? I might just wait until Opera gets their act together and officially releases Opera Mobile 9.5 (hopefully with support for full install on memory card).
    The only thing that (very few) people don't like about Opera Mobile is that it makes itself the default browser by default. That's a simple thing to change in settings. Otherwise, it doesn't mess with anything else. If you can, it'd be preferred to run it in main memory. Programs in general run faster there.
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
    Opera mini has find text in page feature and is faster than opera mobile IMO. Opera mobile screwed up all my icons. It automatically makes itself the defualt browser and when you uncheck it as a default browser, the opera icon still stays associated with .htm .html etc files.
    It's hard to believe that a "find in page" feature didn't make the cut for yet another iteration of WM.

As Kaptain said, Opera Mini saves the day with it's find in page feature and speedy operation.

I also agree that Opera Mobile doesn't appear very Treo-friendly at the moment. It's still in beta and will eventually be a great usable product, but for now, it's trying to be a Safari touch-friendly competitor and therefore doesn't take full advantage of devices with KBs.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.