Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    On the home screen of SPB mobile shell, the text message icon does not work or respond when I have a text message, is there a fix for this or is any one else having this problem
    Same here. Text msg icon does not work for me.
    I think this was discussed in one of the other threads. Search about it. If I remember correctly, I think people just used it for a visual notification and just used the softkey to get to messaging.
    in Mobile Shell the Battery Icon does not work ( Gives wrong battery percent or shows nothing) and the Text Icon shows how many text you have but you cant get there by touching the icon. does not work. Email support like a few of us have and hopefully they will update the app for the 800W soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    in Mobile Shell the Battery Icon does not work ( Gives wrong battery percent or shows nothing) and the Text Icon shows how many text you have but you cant get there by touching the icon. does not work. Email support like a few of us have and hopefully they will update the app for the 800W soon.
    Yeah, same here with the text and the battery. Mine showed 97% the whole day.
    can you guys change themes/layout? i couldn't do it on mines..does anyone have the steps cuz maybe i'm doing it wrong
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
    can you guys change themes/layout? i couldn't do it on mines..does anyone have the steps cuz maybe i'm doing it wrong
    I started looking through the threads on XDA developer and started getting a big headache. I just don't have the time to read through hundreds of pages of messages to get at a potentially useful post. Has anyone gotten any of those custom screen themes/skins to work on the 800w? I'm thinking of the ones that combine some of the stuff from the Now screen onto the other screens, and also provide more than the standard 6 menu items at the top level, etc.? I would be great to have some kind of primer or wiki about this stuff rather than have it tucked away inside some ridiculously massive thread in bits and pieces, no?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

All, please do email SPB tech support on these issues. I've been trading messages (with instructions on things to test) with them on the SMS icon issue all last week, and reported the battery indicator bug earlier today. The more that ping, the greater the likelihood of an early fix.

Steve Lunceford <dslunceford> Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 9:49 AM
    To: Spb Technical Support <support.mobileshell@softspb.com>

tap on sms and close Mobile Shell with X = device going to last open program (Outlook)

Next step:
    1. Close all open apps (OK-->menu-->End all tasks)

2. Go to MShell Now, tap SMS icon, Messaging app opens

3. Close/minimize messaging, go back to MShell, tap SMS icon, nothing happens, tap X, device goes to Today screen.

4. Go to Outlook, back to MShell, tap SMS icon, nothing happens; tap x, device goes to Outlook.

5. Close all open apps (OK-->menu-->End all tasks)

6. Go to MShell Now, tap SMS icon, Messaging app opens

So, it appears that the SMS icon works consistently when no apps/tasks are running. Once there are active tasks, it doesn't appear to work.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Spb Technical Support <support.mobileshell@softspb.com> Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:24 AM
    To: <dslunceford>
    Dear dslunceford,

Could you please try following:

1. Tap on SMS icon
    2. Close Mobile Shell by tapping X button

Do you see Pocket Outlook "under" it?

Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions. You can always refer to this ticket using this link:

Best regards,
    Konstantin Kaftan

Technical Support
    Spb Software House

-----Original Message-----
    Reply-To: <dslunceford>
    Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:19:34 -0400
    To: "Spb Technical Support" <support.mobileshell@softspb.com>
    Subject: Re: (Case 87534) Ticket: ST072220090743. Support question. Spb Mobile Shell

>Nothing. The area behind the icon highlights to show the tap, but the
    device stays on the Now screen. Tapping the missed calls or email icon
    takes you to those respective apps.

--Steve

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Spb Technical Support <
    support.mobileshell@softspb.com> wrote:

> Dear Steve,
    >
    > Thank you for your message and interest to Spb software. Could you please
    > tell what happens when you tap SMS icon?
    >
    > Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions. You can
    > always refer to this ticket using this link:
    >
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Timur Dyussebayev
    > Spb Technical Support
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Looks like they've come up with a solution for the SMS button problem...

Spb Mobile Shell 2.1.2 Beta 2 (build 3529) is available for open beta testing.

You can download the beta version at
    http://softspb.com/downloads/mobiles...ell2_setup.exe
    http://softspb.com/downloads/mobiles...Shell2.arm.cab

The list of changes (from Beta1 to Beta2):
    - Palm 800w: fixed SMS counter on Now Screen
    - Palm 800w: Spb Menu->Messaging->SMS launches Palm Inbox correctly