1.    #1  
    Is there a way to disable the onscreen keyboard that sometimes comes up in IE and Opera Mobile?

I don't use it, at all, and it's just annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer144 View Post
    Is there a way to disable the onscreen keyboard that sometimes comes up in IE and Opera Mobile?

I don't use it, at all, and it's just annoying.
    Null Keyboard is what thy seek!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that's pretty much what i'm looking for.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to remember to hide the keyboard in Opera Mobile. Also ideally i'd like to be able to just get rid of an icon there all together.
  4.    #4  
    Found out how to disable it completely here.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer144 View Post
    Found out how to disable it completely here.
    Well, I did this to my Palm Treo 800w about a week ago as I was very frustrated with my on screen keyboard popping in Opera 9.5. Well, it worked well until I reset my phone and then I noticed that half of screen was completely unusable. I mean not just in Opera, but also in File Explorer, Programs, Settings, everything. After hours of struggling I figured that this registry entry told the keyboard to not pop up, but, it still did and I just couldn't see it. So, the whole section of the screen where the keyboard should lie became unusable.

So, beware before you use this registry change..
  6.    #6  
    I just reset and am now experiencing what you described.

Back to square one I guess..
    No idea if this works on a treo 800, but for my T750 I use a combination of sleuth255 sipchange & nullkeyboard. I think the sipchange cab is to make the registry change runs at start-up.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    Well, I did this to my Palm Treo 800w about a week ago as I was very frustrated with my on screen keyboard popping in Opera 9.5. Well, it worked well until I reset my phone and then I noticed that half of screen was completely unusable. I mean not just in Opera, but also in File Explorer, Programs, Settings, everything. After hours of struggling I figured that this registry entry told the keyboard to not pop up, but, it still did and I just couldn't see it. So, the whole section of the screen where the keyboard should lie became unusable.

So, beware before you use this registry change..
    Yep, hence the reason I am not using it now.