Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I found a local guy that has a few Treo 800w at $380. I'm not eligble for an upgrade so this is cheaper than paying retail at the Sprint stores. But if I have problems what do I do? I'm assuming if I do buy it at the Sprint store I have 30 days to return or exchange it for another if it's defective. But with the local purchase I have to deal with Palm directly. I do have TEP on my account so I know I'm covered there but...
    Last edited by Gottria; 07/27/2008 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I found a local guy that has a few Treo 800w at $380. I'm not eligble for an upgrade so this is cheaper than paying retail at the Sprint stores. But if I have problems what do I do? I'm assuming if I do buy it at the Sprint store I have 30 days to return or exchange it for another if it's defective. But with the local purchase I have to deal with Palm directly. I do have TEP on my account so I know I'm covered there but...
    I purchased my 700wx on ebay....got the insurance through sprint and bought a warranty from square trade, which offers warranties on some ebay purchases. I think the square trade thing was $30 for two years of coverage. Luckily I never need ST or TEP, but figured with both of them, I was fairly safe. Also, use a credit card through paypal so if it is DOA and the seller flakes, you may have a claim with them. Read the fine print with all these things, just in case my interpretation is incorrect.

Good luck.
    I would ask the seller if they offer any kind of short term warranty. If not, then best to skip them. I'm not sure if insurance would cover a used unit, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them first.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    He bought 10 of them from an ebay seller. Even if I bought it from Sprint they only cover the first 30 days for defects anyway correct? After the 30 days I have to take it up with PAlm or use TEP to get another. This is where I'm not sure.

With a few postings with the screen not responding and units completely stop responding I'm a bit worried. Right now I'm using the Sprint Touch with the newest ROM which ads GPS and Rev. A and a nice nig bright screen, but I hate not haveing a hard keyboard.
    Last edited by Gottria; 07/27/2008 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    He bought 10 of them from an ebay seller. Even if I bought it from Sprint they only cover the first 30 days for defects anyway correct? After the 30 days I have to take it up with PAlm or use TEP to get another. This is where I'm not sure.

With a few postings with the screen not responding and units completely stop responding I'm a bit worried. Right now I'm using the Sprint Touch with the newest ROM which ads GPS and Rev. A and a nice nig bright screen, but I hate not haveing a hard keyboard.
    I'm pretty sure (unless things have changed since i sold cellphone a couple years ago) that Sprint has a standard 1 year manufacturers warranty on all cell phones sold and they handle it in the store.