1.    #1  
    I am consistently having problems with the Treo 800w not keeping the changes I make in the Sounds Profile. When I go in there, the new e-mail alert is not checked to play a sound and reminder is not checked. So, I make the changes to enable these and then "at random", be it a day or so, it un-checks my changes. I have not loaded any new sounds on it or any other software on the device that would modify the sounds.

Anybody have a way that will make my selections permanent or do I just have a bad phone?
    I can't get the ringer or alert tune to stick either. Im used to a certain sound for messages, emails, etc. and its constantly going back to default. I am so fustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossbo View Post
    I am consistently having problems with the Treo 800w not keeping the changes I make in the Sounds Profile. When I go in there, the new e-mail alert is not checked to play a sound and reminder is not checked. So, I make the changes to enable these and then "at random", be it a day or so, it un-checks my changes. I have not loaded any new sounds on it or any other software on the device that would modify the sounds.

Anybody have a way that will make my selections permanent or do I just have a bad phone?
    If you have been using Opera Mobile Beta 9.5, then that is your issue. It wipes out the notification settings for email and reminders (at least on my phone). There is a work-around you can find at: http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=243095

If you aren't using Opera, then not sure what your issue is.
    Have had it happen as well and not using Opera. Trying to determine if its just certain sound filetypes having the issue.

For instance, my SMS sound is a morse code sound. The file is "x.AMR" Played fine in my POS treo, but gets wiped every day or so on the 800. Also, once I assign it and go back into "sounds," as soon as the notification tab is hit, I get the spinning windows wheel that won't go away (not leting me make addtl changes) until I reboot or swictch to "manage" tab, play that sound and then go back into notification tab.

I've replaced that with a midi Morse sound and so far, so good.