Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I've had my Treo 800 for a couple of weeks now, and am finally going to order a screen protector (i know I should have done that awhile ago). Just wondering what the best way would be to clean the screen and get everything off before applying the screen protector.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was probably going to order the Ultimate Screen Gurad on Seido's website.

Thanks,

~J
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Wipe it with a lint free cloth then use an air can to blow any remaing dust off.
    Try windex. spray not the screen but the screen protector's sticky side and wipe excess off. Then it should work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    Try windex. spray not the screen but the screen protector's sticky side and wipe excess off. Then it should work fine.
    Windex? What? Windex will kill an LCD. I know you said spray it on the protector but you're spraying on the sticky side.

NEVER, EVER use Windex on an LCD screen. You will remove the different coatings of materials added during manufacturing and you may even ruin the LCD.

As suggested, use a dry cloth or if you really want to be sure it's clean, you can use a very slightly damp towel or some sort of LCD cleaner (they make it; it's cheap).
    i used a just a dry microfiber cloth on mine.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?