1.    #1  
    i just got apalm treo 700w windows mobile 5

i have the sync cable for the computer are there any updates i have to get and if so how do i

also i want to make it look like the iphone how can i do this

is there a way to get free internet

and how can i make it faster and also watch like youtube videos

all the help is greatly appreciated as i am a noob
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Welcome to the Wonderful World of WM! First off, I hope you got a 700WX and NOT a 700W. Reason for this is that the 700W has only 64 MB of RAM, which will cause your performance to suffer. The 700WX has 128 MB. You can run multiple programs and not have a problem. If you have a 700W and can return it for a WX, I would do so.

If you're referring to updates for WM5, no, there are none I'm aware of. If you plan on syncing your device to your PC, you need either WMDC (if running Vista..God help you) or ActiveSync (if running XP) downloaded to your PC.

As for free internet, the best you can do is to purchase a WiFi card which will allow you to access hotspots.

The best way to learn what your device can do and to get all kinds of tips, software ideas, and tweaks, is to do a search on this or other PPC related sites. I suggest PPCGeeks as another excellent resource. All of the other questions you've posed can be answered by searching these sites

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by GeekCop View Post
    Welcome to the Wonderful World of WM! First off, I hope you got a 700WX and NOT a 700W. Reason for this is that the 700W has only 64 MB of RAM, which will cause your performance to suffer. The 700WX has 128 MB.
    Not quite... The 700w only has 32 MB RAM and the wx sports 64 MB. The new 800w sports 100 MB.

The point remains the same however.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #4  
    i have the 700w can you tell me exactly were to go and how to make it look like the iphone i would like free if possible