Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but a search got me nowhere.

After reading through the entire "show me your Today screen" thread, I decided that Ultimate Launcher might be just what I wanted to make my new WM Treo more like my old POS Treos. I can't, however, find any documentation on it, and whenever I try to create a new shortcut am totally stumped on where to find the icon file to assign. I know they're there somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2.    #3  
    Thank you kindly!
    Very interesting. One of my precious Palm apps is Ultimate Phone. This certainly can help substitute for that.

I am wondering though how it will look at the 800w. The screenshots on that link look low res.
  4.    #5  
    I'm finding once you get it set up the way you want and increase the size of the default icons, it's a pretty darn good replacement, although I miss rows of speed dials like UltimatePhone has.
    The problem is that it the setup options don't fit the 320x320 screen as there are some you can't access.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I LOVE Ultimate Launcher. The program is awesome. Unfortunately, it isn't quite optimized for the 320x320 screen, but it is definitely doable. there are some options you can't quite access b/c they can't be scrolled to, but it isn't a deal breaker.

Here is a great forum post with info about ultimate launcher. this guy answers almost any question you can think of.
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ltimate+launch

UL is doable on the 800W, and looks awesome. I wish I had some screenshot software on my treo to show you, but it is good stuff. worth a look.

K--
  7.    #8  
    http://mobilitytoday.com/news/ppc_launcher_simple.html

This is what I came up with on Ultimate Launcher. I love it!
    There are several forums out there on UL....here is another great one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...366796&page=24
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I am running Ultimate Launcher on my Treo 800w. Absolutely love it.. This is the only thing that I have on my Today screen right now. One thing I noticed is that every time I restart my phone, my screen shows blank until I touch my screen and then Ultimate Launcher shows up and works perfectly.

Has anyone else noticed that or knows how to fix it..?

Please help.

UPDATE I just figured how to do that... You select a particular tab to Load on Startup. Oops couldn't see this option on my Treo 800w as the config menu is cut there..
    Last edited by rtandon87; 07/29/2008 at 07:00 PM.
    I have been trying to figure out how to have the "WeatherBug Direct" plugin to work with UltimateLauncher... Any comments/ suggestions to get the WeatherBug in one of the tabs?
  11.    #12  
    You mean like the attached?

Just set it up as a Today plugin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    You mean like the attached?

Just set it up as a Today plugin.
    Yes... Same way. But, I could not find any instructions to have the plug-ins...
    -M
    Just as an FYI, I emailed the developer regarding the screen resolution issues with the configuration pages and got this email in response:

Hi,

I will fix this with the next update, which unfortunately will take some time, I can't tell you when exctly the update will be available, but it'll be this year.

Best regards

Daniel
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by monil View Post
    Yes... Same way. But, I could not find any instructions to have the plug-ins...
    -M
    Create a new tab in UL. Choose Today-Plugin. Weatherbug Direct is listed in the screen of choices.

You may, of course, have to do a soft reset after installing Weatherbug before it will show up as a choice in UL. WM seems to like being reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    WM seems to like being reset.
    It /is/ Windows...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  16.    #17  
    Indeed.
    I am wondering if we can change the clock (default) to a bigger icon in UL? I am not sure whether its an icon I have to change or some setting in UL which will increase the default clock size.

-M
    Quote Originally Posted by monil View Post
    I am wondering if we can change the clock (default) to a bigger icon in UL? I am not sure whether its an icon I have to change or some setting in UL which will increase the default clock size.

-M

Same question for me also ... I did finally get everything positioned on the screen how I like it but I can not figure out adjusting the size of the clock.

UL is an amazing little program though. I'm so glad these forums pointed me
    to it !!
  19.    #20  
    Now comes the stupid question of the week.

This morning for some lame reason I decided to change the UL icon in the tab where it was showing up and removed the text. When I exited settings, the icon was gone (along with the text) and I can't figure out how to go back into UL settings. Someone help a blonde? Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast