Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    i went to xda but it's difficult to get an answer there. i was woundering if it's possible to have realvga exclude some applications. I have realvga with 96dpi but some applications like maps is not working on 96dpi when i switch it to 128dpi it does work
  2.    #2  
    nothing on this yet?
  3. #3  
    Bump. Is there any solution to getting Maps and dialing working correctly under 96dpi? I love the extra space.
  4. #4  
    IDK if you're bound to use the default Maps program for any reason, but if you aren't then Google Maps works fine @ 96dpi.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Androktasie View Post
    IDK if you're bound to use the default Maps program for any reason, but if you aren't then Google Maps works fine @ 96dpi.
    It's not just maps though. The dialer also does not work in 96dpi.
  6. #6  
    The dialer? I assume you mean the dial pad? It works perfectly fine, just the numbers are cut off a bit. You can still hit them however.

    I doubt that Maps will work properly due to coding issues. Besides, in every single way Google Map's is superior. Why would you use maps? (I understand it's slightly more accessable being on the today screen...but really...it's not that good of a program.)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The dialer? I assume you mean the dial pad? It works perfectly fine, just the numbers are cut off a bit. You can still hit them however.
    No not the dial pad. The 800w (like the 700wx) has the great feature of being able to start looking up your contacts as you dial from the today screen. Even if you disable the custom Palm dialer (which UltimateLaunch did to me once), there is a seperate one that will fill the entire screen that does something similar.

    In 96dpi mode, none of this works. You have to manually open the dialer. That's very annoying and slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I doubt that Maps will work properly due to coding issues. Besides, in every single way Google Map's is superior. Why would you use maps? (I understand it's slightly more accessable being on the today screen...but really...it's not that good of a program.)
    The today plugin is actually great. I can find local restaurants and call them as soon as it finds them. Google's search is better but the process of finding something and calling it or navigating to it leaves much to be desired (besides, how can I navigate to someone via TeleNav from Google Maps? I'm pretty sure you can't).

    Google maps may have better search but Maps is better integrated and is very easy to use.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    No not the dial pad. The 800w (like the 700wx) has the great feature of being able to start looking up your contacts as you dial from the today screen. Even if you disable the custom Palm dialer (which UltimateLaunch did to me once), there is a seperate one that will fill the entire screen that does something similar.

    In 96dpi mode, none of this works. You have to manually open the dialer. That's very annoying and slow.
    Are you using my Real VGA? The 800w one does not work in 96 DPI, but the one I swiped from the 700wx does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    The today plugin is actually great. I can find local restaurants and call them as soon as it finds them. Google's search is better but the process of finding something and calling it or navigating to it leaves much to be desired (besides, how can I navigate to someone via TeleNav from Google Maps? I'm pretty sure you can't).

    Google maps may have better search but Maps is better integrated and is very easy to use.
    Maps is integrated into TeleNav, granted. What about Live Search? You have nearly all the same features as maps and TeleNav.

    You could always switch back to 128 DPI any time you wanted to use Maps.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Are you using my Real VGA?
    No. Where is such a thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You could always switch back to 128 DPI any time you wanted to use Maps.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    No. Where is such a thing?
    Real VGA (Increased resolution, application compatability)
  11. #11  
    Thanks that works better though I notice in the screenshots you still have the contact look-up plugin. Mine is gone when I go to 96-dpi
  12. vinscuzzy's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Thanks that works better though I notice in the screenshots you still have the contact look-up plugin. Mine is gone when I go to 96-dpi
    http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...=170002&page=3

    post#56
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Thanks that works better though I notice in the screenshots you still have the contact look-up plugin. Mine is gone when I go to 96-dpi
    Quote Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
    This is fixed in the latest script.

    Download the script from the first post. Heck, just read the first post as a whole....

Posting Permissions