1.    #1  
    I'm looking for an app that will allow me to quickly send group SMS messages. I found a couple programs that looked promising, but I could not get them to work.

Do you guys know of any good ones that work on the 800?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    There is one, I can't remember the name, but I thought it was something like GroupSMS, or something.
  3.    #3  
    I've now tried about 5-6 with limited success. Right now I'm trying skb and we'll see... If anyone knows of any confirmed working group sms program, I would love to know which.
    If you have a regular "group" of people that you send messages to, you can create a new message, keep adding recipients (using commas or hitting enter), and then save the the group as a draft. When you want to send a message to that group of people you can open drafts and write the message.

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post
    If you have a regular "group" of people that you send messages to, you can create a new message, keep adding recipients (using commas or hitting enter), and then save the the group as a draft. When you want to send a message to that group of people you can open drafts and write the message.

Hope this helps
    Thats pretty clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonekilla View Post
    Thats pretty clever.
    I can't take credit. This was an old PalmOS trick. Thankfully they did a good job retaining some of the old palmos features that worked perfect
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have looked at PowerSMS from Trinket Software, but it doesn't support the 800w's proprietary SMS app. Anyone else have other options?
  8.    #8  
    I use SKB Group SMS. It works pretty well. I send over 50 at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    I have looked at PowerSMS from Trinket Software, but it doesn't support the 800w's proprietary SMS app. Anyone else have other options?
    I doubt you'll find any third party apps that supports Palm's Threaded SMS app.

They should still work though, just you won't see the SMS in Palm's app.