1.    #1  
    I drive a 2006 Pontiac GTO with a factory option bluetooth connection. I also own a Plantronics Voyager 510 headset. I can see both of them with my 800w to the point that the BT icon turns white when they are activated. Unfortunately, the icon never turns into a headset so neither of them function as intended. I have them both set as hands free devices. Am I doing something wrong or not doing something I should?
    cup & string
    Quote Originally Posted by B04W View Post
    I drive a 2006 Pontiac GTO with a factory option bluetooth connection. I also own a Plantronics Voyager 510 headset. I can see both of them with my 800w to the point that the BT icon turns white when they are activated. Unfortunately, the icon never turns into a headset so neither of them function as intended. I have them both set as hands free devices. Am I doing something wrong or not doing something I should?
    I don't get a 'headset' when one of my headsets is connected, only the inverted (white) BT logo. My headsets work fine. I've seen the headset logo on WM6 on the Treo 700wx but not on the 800 thus far. I don't think it matters.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    2004-2006 Pontiac GTO's never had Bluetooth /wink.
    I'm using a Sony HBH DS970 which worked fine on my DASH phone fine as both a stereo headphone and hands free set.

However, with this Treo, I only get music through the BT. When I make a call, I hear it dialing but when the call is placed, the sound shuts off and gets routed through the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonekilla View Post
    2004-2006 Pontiac GTO's never had Bluetooth /wink.
    Technically... they didn't. But it was an option for a Holden Monaro and the GTO was made in Australia with the same wiring harness as a Monaro, which means it comes prewired for the BT. I purchased the Holden (read: factory) BT option for the Monaro, shipped it from Oz Land and installed it into preexisting wiring just like the factory would have for the Monaro.

http://www.jhp.com.au/monaro-gto/gto...th-car-kit.php
    cup & string
    Yup I know. I seriously considered getting it but it was too expensive for the compatibility problems that it has. I tried the Holden site but only found bluetooth stuff for the current models. No Monaros. Some where I remember seeing an upgrade for the Holden bluetooth. I believe it was to 2.0 EDR but don't quote me on that. Was just floating around the back of my head.

ETA: Looks like they will reflash your module for $145 for newer phones

http://www.jhp.com.au/jhpgto/BluetoothCarKit.htm
    Last edited by Tbonekilla; 07/31/2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: add link
  7.    #7  
    I'll be pissed if I have to pay $145 for the reflash.