Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have no idea if this is even possible but..

Is there a program that will allow me to choose which programs I want to overclock? It seems xcpuscalar can already chance the OC settings on the fly, so the way I can see it working is if it detects my chosen app is running in the foreground, then bump the CPU to a higher setting.

I know there's a load-scaling feature in xcpuscalar, but it's not really what I'm looking for as I don't want to overclock for all high cpu-loads - just for some specific apps.

For example, normally I'm fine with the phone running at default speed (312 mhz). But when running slingplayer, I'd want to bump it up to 416mhz. And maybe for a next-gen browser like Opera mobile, I'd want to bump it to 520mhz. But for some other CPU intensive app, I'm content with default 312mhz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bender29 View Post
    I have no idea if this is even possible but..

Is there a program that will allow me to choose which programs I want to overclock? It seems xcpuscalar can already chance the OC settings on the fly, so the way I can see it working is if it detects my chosen app is running in the foreground, then bump the CPU to a higher setting.

I know there's a load-scaling feature in xcpuscalar, but it's not really what I'm looking for as I don't want to overclock for all high cpu-loads - just for some specific apps.

For example, normally I'm fine with the phone running at default speed (312 mhz). But when running slingplayer, I'd want to bump it up to 416mhz. And maybe for a next-gen browser like Opera mobile, I'd want to bump it to 520mhz. But for some other CPU intensive app, I'm content with default 312mhz.
    teksoft speedbooster is what you are looking for... you dont get to choose a specific clocking for each app, rather you get to prioritize each app by a slider that lets you choose less or more processor power
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks man! I don't know why I couldn't find the right search terms for this.

Trying it out, but doesn't seem to make it that much faster. It sounds like I should still run xcpuscalar to boot overall cpu speed. Then speedbooster will assign more cpu time to whichever apps I select.
    when overclocking i believe you should only use 1 app. i remember trying speedbooster awhile ago it was ok. xcpuscaler rox tho.