1.    #1  
    Is there a way to silence the ringer when a text message comes in without having to flip the switch on top of the unit. Basically being able to keep the ringer on but silencing it while it is going off during a text message.

I thought hitting one of the buttons would shut the ringer off but the sound just keeps playing.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
    I was just about to do a thread for this and did a search. I see i'm not the only one who has this problem. On the older treo palm os you could just hit one of the buttons on the side but that doesn't work on 800. Can this be solved in a reg edit tweak, anyone?
  3.    #3  
    I posted about this a while ago as well. Would love to know too.
    Put the attached silent ringtone on your phone and assign it to text messages.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Pushing the red end button doesnt work?
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    Put the attached silent ringtone on your phone and assign it to text messages.
    Thanks for your help but i think you misunderstood what we were asking. On the 755 and other palm treos whenever the phone rang, you could just hit the volume key on the side and the phone would silence the ringer. Thats the what we are trying to figure out how to do on the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Pushing the red end button doesnt work?
    No it doesn't, pushing the red button ignores the call sending the person directly to voice mail. What we are trying do is silence the ringer without sending the person directly to voicemail. On the other palm phones you could just press the volume keys on the side and it would silence the ringer and not send them directly to voicemail letting them know that you are ignoring their call. This is frustrating because there are times when i don't want to speak to someone and i want to silence the ringer after the phone rings. If i hit the red button it does silence the ringer but goes straight to voicemail and i don't want the person to know that i am ignoring there call.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    No it doesn't, pushing the red button ignores the call sending the person directly to voice mail. What we are trying do is silence the ringer without sending the person directly to voicemail. On the other palm phones you could just press the volume keys on the side and it would silence the ringer and not send them directly to voicemail letting them know that you are ignoring their call. This is frustrating because there are times when i don't want to speak to someone and i want to silence the ringer after the phone rings. If i hit the red button it does silence the ringer but goes straight to voicemail and i don't want the person to know that i am ignoring there call.

You said text messages in the OP, nothing about calls.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Ha, sorry you are not the OP.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Ha, sorry you are not the OP.
    No problem atleast you were trying to help. Just hope to fix this nonsense soon.