1.    #1  
    Has anyone done comparisons between the two? Forgive me if this has been discussed before.

From my understanding the 800w uses the Centro battery which is smaller than the 700w(x). Not sure if I'm up for a drop in battery life. I can barely make it through some days with my 700w as it is...
    There is no comparison. The 700wx hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    Has anyone done comparisons between the two? Forgive me if this has been discussed before.

From my understanding the 800w uses the Centro battery which is smaller than the 700w(x). Not sure if I'm up for a drop in battery life. I can barely make it through some days with my 700w as it is...
    My stock 1800mah 700wx compares to the 1150mah of my 800w.

WM6.1 offered a lot of battery improvements, especially in Exchange syncing that offsets some of the decreased battery size.

In addition, the msm-6800a chipset is a 65nm board, which is down from the older 90nm of the previous generation. As you may/may not know, smaller die on chipset require less power.

This is why comparing the two just on battery size is misleading.

Will it be enough for you? No idea and no one can answer that. Yesterday I did this:
    • 1hr phone (3 calls)
    • 50 mins web/rss
    • 1hr music (stereo BT)
    • 25 emails (30min checks)
    • 2hour weather updates
    • 1 manual reset

After 8 hours I was down to 47%.

The good news is with microUSB, it's a lot easier to charge and it recharges very quickly plugged into a wall (just 20 mins will boost you probably by 20%).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter