Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So 13 days later, 162 minutes and my Treo takes a dump. The phone stopped receiving calls yesterday. So I spent an hour at the Sprint store last night after they replaced the defective battery. Another hour today getting the device worked on then swapped. I was not alone either. I had to speak to a manager over this. I had never in my life had a phone crap out this quickly. You guys can make fun of the Mogul, Touch or whatever you want but good Lord this phone is such a piece of crap. Battery is dead so I have to stop typing and put it on the charger.

Ok, switched to the laptop while the phone charges. So I'm talking with the manager trying to swap it out for something else. The Q9C is gone, the Mogul which I had and don't want, Samsung ACE no way. The Curve I will take if they can waive the $30 a month for a few months until another Windows phone is released. Nope they can't do it. So I have another 800.

The manager said they've have been getting a huge flux in returns from the Instinct and 800. The Instinct because once the WOW factor wears off people realize they have too much phone. The 800 because business users want snappy Windows device which the Mogul, Moto and ACE can't deliver but the 800 fails in the battery department. The Touch is out because they want a keyboard. So Blackberry's are the hot ticket again.
    Last edited by VibrantRedGT; 07/25/2008 at 04:54 PM.
    I had to have my wife's 800 replaced for the same reason. All of a sudden the phone could not receive calls, texts or emails. It could send them all fine though. So far my 800 has been great
  3.    #3  
    Yes, my issue exactly. I could make calls no problem. I had 9 Voicemails this morning. People telling me they've been calling since last night. Did 3 hard resets and nothing.

You and I aren't the only this has happened to. The Tech who swapped it out for me said this was number 4 since last weeks release at this store.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    mine was replaced due to freezing and the battery getting hot (not normal hot) and freezing. there was a short they said.cool part was they let me keep all the accessories (cable , earphones) the charger, the battery and the back door of the the broken treo 800w. that's pretty cool the battery and earphone and charger alone would run over $100 bucks and I needed atlest another one of each so it was like another $100 discout aded to the $250 discout I already got. only thing they forgot to give me was the stylus and I think I don't mind. So far other than the low speaker issue its running terriffic.
  5.    #5  
    The one seems to have a brighter keyboard and tighter battery door than my last one. I didn't get the extra accessories though, just the phone. Oh and I made sure it wasn't a refurbished. I would be pissed about that.

So that's 3 replacements. Anyone else?

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I had mine replaced today, but it was for something dumb. The lens cover for the camera had finger prints on the inside. The Sprint representatives were amazed that it was like that. You would have though they would have caught that in quality control. I had the option to drive to another sprint store (20 mins away) or have them replace the phone. I opted for the new phone.
    ive had mine replaced once because it wasnt receiving calls.
    mine decided to die on me today... no incoming calls, texts, emails. nothing. i could place and send no problem.

just got off the phone w tech support and i'm gonna swap my phone out in the am.

this sucks.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmarqui View Post
    mine decided to die on me today... no incoming calls, texts, emails. nothing. i could place and send no problem.

just got off the phone w tech support and i'm gonna swap my phone out in the am.

this sucks.
    You will get another one. Join the club. Exactly why I got a new one today.

any idea what causes this? my 800 was working flawlessly, that is until i had to hard reset it while i was trying to get the black diamond theme to work and i ran into problems with realVGA. (different thread.)

...does anyone have ANY thoughts what i can try? i've tried multiple hard and soft resets, new MSID, reactivation, reprogramming, disable EVDO rev-A, etc. nothing. thoughts?
  11.    #11  
    Nothing you can do. The radio is wiped. I think messing with the Disable/Enable rev-A may cause to crap out early. Just guessing here.

doubtful, but does anyone know of a way to "flash" the ROM yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmarqui View Post
    doubtful, but does anyone know of a way to "flash" the ROM yet?
    Usually not until the first official ROM update that allows us access to the bootloader.
    So is the event of device failure, is a Sprite Backup fully transferable to a new phone?

I currently do an automatic (full) backup of my 800w to my miniSD each night.

I'm still 'feeling my way' and trying out software so in the past week alone Sprite Backup restores have saved me hours of re-installations.

But if(/when) my 800w fails and I head to the store for a replacement 800w, will my current the Sprite backup snapshot image of my existing phone work on it's replacement?

Can I really be back up and running (without redoing all of the installations and customizations) in under 5 minutes, or are there any (for example) registry entries that are specific to my phone/MEID/MSID?.

I hope this isn't too far off topic... or the question too basic, but the 800w is also my first WM phone.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cedar View Post
    So is the event of device failure, is a Sprite Backup fully transferable to a new phone?

I currently do an automatic (full) backup of my 800w to my miniSD each night.

I'm still 'feeling my way' and trying out software so in the past week alone Sprite Backup restores have saved me hours of re-installations.

But if(/when) my 800w fails and I head to the store for a replacement 800w, will my current the Sprite backup snapshot image of my existing phone work on it's replacement?

Can I really be back up and running (without redoing all of the installations and customizations) in under 5 minutes, or are there any (for example) registry entries that are specific to my phone/MEID/MSID?.

I hope this isn't too far off topic... or the question too basic, but the 800w is also my first WM phone.

Thanks.
    Yes it does. I did it when Sprint gave me a new phone. Worked flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    So 13 days later, 162 minutes and my Treo takes a dump. The phone stopped receiving calls yesterday. So I spent an hour at the Sprint store last night after they replaced the defective battery. Another hour today getting the device worked on then swapped. I was not alone either. I had to speak to a manager over this. I had never in my life had a phone crap out this quickly. You guys can make fun of the Mogul, Touch or whatever you want but good Lord this phone is such a piece of crap. Battery is dead so I have to stop typing and put it on the charger.

Ok, switched to the laptop while the phone charges. So I'm talking with the manager trying to swap it out for something else. The Q9C is gone, the Mogul which I had and don't want, Samsung ACE no way. The Curve I will take if they can waive the $30 a month for a few months until another Windows phone is released. Nope they can't do it. So I have another 800.

The manager said they've have been getting a huge flux in returns from the Instinct and 800. The Instinct because once the WOW factor wears off people realize they have too much phone. The 800 because business users want snappy Windows device which the Mogul, Moto and ACE can't deliver but the 800 fails in the battery department. The Touch is out because they want a keyboard. So Blackberry's are the hot ticket again.
    this is why i am sticking with the blackberry for a while. it just works.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  17.    #17  
    Sprite back up failed on me. It said my password was incorrect. Had to start from scratch.

I don't blame the Blackberry users who pay the extra monthly service plan. Its totally worth it if the device works flawlessly. After all this I totally see the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Sprite back up failed on me. It said my password was incorrect. Had to start from scratch.

I don't blame the Blackberry users who pay the extra monthly service plan. Its totally worth it if the device works flawlessly. After all this I totally see the light.
    if you signed a new 2 year contract when you got the 800w. i would call retentions. tell them that you are going to return the 800w and instaed of not renewing your countract since you are returning, ask if they will send you the curve with a couple bucks off the data difference and keep the 2 year agreement.

i have the...

$40 bes plan
    $10 sprint navigation (since it's not included in BES like it is BIS)
    1000 free sms messages
    $?? sprint tv

got the curve for $179 with NO MAIL IN REBATE. alot cheaper than the 800w as well.

all for FREE because i called.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  19.    #19  
    That is exactly what I am going to do. I did renew when I got the 800 for $199.99. I would rather have a Curve. I think it is much more stable and I do know the battery life is no comparison against the 800. I will report back if they help me with the extra data plan fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    this is why i am sticking with the blackberry for a while. it just works.
    So your not getting bored that you can't hack the blackberry as much? I'm considering swapping my 800w for a curve or returning it and trying a 3G iphone. decisions decisions
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast