Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I do hope to come back to the 800. Fix a couple of things and I will. Don't want to add the bulk of the extended battery though. I think the size of it is great. If they can fix the earpiece through an update that would be amazing but seems highly unlikely. I gave it over two weeks. When it was on the chargers longer than in my hands it had to go.
    I'm to lazy to search but just a few days ago you said you were getting a extended battery for the 800w. When I made the comment about giving the phone time I was referring the Curve. Don't get me wrong I'm glad that your happy with the Curve so far. hehe
  2.    #62  
    Your right I did mention that I would get that battery because that would have been the only way to make it through the day. Didn't really want to make it even more bulky and pay more money for accessories. I missed a few alerts and I kept getting calls going to voicemail, I got fed up. I'm a little lost with the Curve since I've only owned Windows phones but its becoming real easy to navigate. All is good.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Quick question. Did you have Rev-A checked? If so, that's probably your problem.

I've been testing my Treo 800w. At work I'm in a heavy Rev-A area. At home I'm in a plain EVDO area.

As I drive home from my work (Rev-A) to home (Non-Rev-A), my GPS stops working, my SMS stop coming in and my phone stops receiving call. The reverse happens too. If I have it enabled at home then it'll slowly stop GPS, SMS and Voice. As I drive to work everything returns and it works great.

I'm not sure if this is true for all phones and enabling Rev-A in a non Rev-A area doesn't insantly break the phone but I've found every single time in my case it has broken my phone slowly.

I suggest unchecking Rev-A if anyone is experiencing these issues with it checked. My response times and download appear to be the same with it checked or unchecked so I'm not 100% convinced the checkbox works but, instead, it's my thought that it's mislabeled and it should be "EVDO Rev-A Only".
    I personally never messed with that option since speeds were really great already.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I agree with the battery. the battery that came with my first 800 battery was terrible and the new battery when I replaced my 800W was definetly better. I speculated there was a battery issue. Also it seems they are shtting down the battery killers when you buy the phone ( Wifi, gps etc) so that is helping the battery life.
    yeah i read your post in one of my email notifications, thanks for getting that info from Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting23ray View Post
    FT.... yup... it seems like u have the same boot up sequence as I do.... and when I turn the "phone" off I get a black goodbye and welcome screen with a yellow Sprint logo... I got the phone from Telesales on Wednesday..... my battery is dropping to about 50% after 4 hours.... I do have active sync enabled... hmmmmm.... maybe i need to be wait for a week to see if this battery gets better after a couple of more charges.... what do u think?

Oh... my USB connector is a white one.... which one do u have? white or black?
    both the first and this second 800w have black connectors. now about that yellow sprint logo... not sure why i noticed something new and different about the start screen. it could have been some confusion from installing, uninstalling, reinstalling dozens of programs transferred over from my 700wx. during all that testing, i might have confused some restart screens or something. if you're current 800w is only dropping 50% after 4 hours and you're somewhat a heavy user, then that's not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    There is no newer stock..., there are no software changes, no patches, etc. (though maybe the "bad batch of batteries").

ROM is the same. There will probably be a 1.04 ROM which is ours but with BT voice command in ROM.

I have an original 800w from weeks ago...same black Sprint screen. This discussion is just silly.
    thanks for clarifying, i'm sure you have more reliable sources.

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I agree we settled this in another thread. there is one 800W and no new versions. LEts get this straight before folks run to sprint for no reason.
    it's good to hear that there's no new versions, because now we can focus on helping people tweak their settings. i have to find that other thread where you posted the info you got from Sprint...

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    theog, didn't read all of it but I'm going to agree.

I do hope to come back to the 800. Fix a couple of things and I will. Don't want to add the bulk of the extended battery though. I think the size of it is great. If they can fix the earpiece through an update that would be amazing but seems highly unlikely. I gave it over two weeks. When it was on the chargers longer than in my hands it had to go.
    congrats on finding a phone you like (BB CURVED)!! don't forget to update your cool sig....
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234