Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I guess most of us are just looking for a stable device. I went to an Apple store and no lie the line was 60 people deep plus I would be spending more a month. ATT just won't deal like Sprint does so the iphone is out. Sprint does not have any memory packed Windows based device at all besides the Treo. Battery life is horrid so that's out. So what does that leave? The BB's. So the deal with this is obviously the extra coin a month for the data plan. So like tbake says, decisions, decisions. Only logical thing is to try to wheel and deal with the data plan fees. So this has become my next move.
    I just figure if I'm going to spend more $ every month for a Blackberry plan I might as well go all out and try a 3G iphone. I know the 3G iphone has issues as well but one of the main things I like to do with my phone is surf the web. The 3g iphone is by far the best phone for that. If I go that route I won't port my number until I know I want to switch. I will probably keep my other 4 lines with Sprint but just transfer liability to Wife or family member.
  3.    #23  
    You do know the iphone requires an extra data plan right? Same type of situation with the Instinct. Don't get me wrong I do like the device just don't want to cancel or add 1 line to ATT.

I just realized a few seconds ago that this phone only allows 160 characters per text message. Tell me there is a hack for this? My Mogul was 320. My God can this phone be anymore annoying?
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    You do know the iphone requires an extra data plan right? Same type of situation with the Instinct. Don't get me wrong I do like the device just don't want to cancel or add 1 line to ATT.

I just realized a few seconds ago that this phone only allows 160 characters per text message. Tell me there is a hack for this? My Mogul was 320. My God can this phone be anymore annoying?
    Yea I know about the iphone extra data plan.

For the 160 character hack. post 16
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167219
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    I just figure if I'm going to spend more $ every month for a Blackberry plan I might as well go all out and try a 3G iphone. I know the 3G iphone has issues as well but one of the main things I like to do with my phone is surf the web. The 3g iphone is by far the best phone for that. If I go that route I won't port my number until I know I want to switch. I will probably keep my other 4 lines with Sprint but just transfer liability to Wife or family member.
    I haven't used an iPhone personally but I've been told that the touch keyboard is really lousy when it comes to inputting web addresses. If surfing is your primary use you may want to consider that as a potential problem.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Sprite back up failed on me. It said my password was incorrect. Had to start from scratch.

I don't blame the Blackberry users who pay the extra monthly service plan. Its totally worth it if the device works flawlessly. After all this I totally see the light.

Sprite back up failed me, too! it worked flawlessly on my 700wx and 700w, but had the same password issue as yours.

i went in to get my 800w replaced because of the battery issue. thought i'd play it safe and decided to perform TWO diff back ups.... both had password issues on the new 800w, lol.

first thing i noticed bout the new 800w replacement fone... was the different start up screen, shows a black sprint back ground right before it completed the boot up process. second thing i noticed was that the phone wasn't draining as quickly as the first 800w.... first 800w lasted 3-4 hours before it required a recharge. this second one was charged up last night at 9pm, didnt require a charge until today at 4pm, with somewhat heavy use throughout the day (2 hour phone call, 25 text messages, 30+ emails, Instant messenger). this 800w is simply amazing. so uh.... my advice is to make another exchange in a week or so, and... keep the faith! haha. or, call tech support, ask if they can send you one from their latest batch of 800w's.

special thanks to Malatesta and Mr. Hannip for genius, creative, life-saving work.... they're one of the big reasons why i've been able to make the most out of my treo's... i've since been able to impress a ton of friends enough to get them to switch over to these treo super phones.

note, there's still the issue of battery drain (after it's reached full charge), fluctuating from 100% down to as low as 94%, back up to 100%, etc. not sure why it does that on both 800w's. for now, i'm willing to put up with it, because the 800w is one slick phone!
    add me to the list, woke up this morning and checked my voicemail and had 5 VM's from people asking why i wouldnt pick up. checked my call log and there were no missed calls or anything since the last call i made yesterday at 3:30. tryed calling the phone and it never rings, im headed to the sprint store.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Mine was replaced yesterday due to a defective keyboard. The new device restored just great. Late last night I looked at some HandBase files and wow, the screen definitions were really whacked - 2 hours cleaning up 3 applets in order to use them. Other than that, no problems.
    just got back from sprint with my new 1.

they gave me the box and all so ive got an extra charger, sync cable, etc lol
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    mine just started locking up completely yesterday. i put the thing on the charger and went to bed. i woke up, took it off charge, hit the red button to check for messages/e-mails etc. and it just sat there with the green charge light on. i had to pull the battery to bring it back up.

is anyone else having this issue? is this indicative of a failure/pending failure?
  11.    #31  
    Well my new phone is working OK I still may exchange it for a Curve. I need better performance than what this phone offers right now. I do not see how battery life will improve. Im negotiating with Sprint on the $30 plan right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    Sprite back up failed me, too! it worked flawlessly on my 700wx and 700w, but had the same password issue as yours.

i went in to get my 800w replaced because of the battery issue. thought i'd play it safe and decided to perform TWO diff back ups.... both had password issues on the new 800w, lol.

first thing i noticed bout the new 800w replacement fone... was the different start up screen, shows a black sprint back ground right before it completed the boot up process. second thing i noticed was that the phone wasn't draining as quickly as the first 800w.... first 800w lasted 3-4 hours before it required a recharge. this second one was charged up last night at 9pm, didnt require a charge until today at 4pm, with somewhat heavy use throughout the day (2 hour phone call, 25 text messages, 30+ emails, Instant messenger). this 800w is simply amazing. so uh.... my advice is to make another exchange in a week or so, and... keep the faith! haha. or, call tech support, ask if they can send you one from their latest batch of 800w's.

special thanks to Malatesta and Mr. Hannip for genius, creative, life-saving work.... they're one of the big reasons why i've been able to make the most out of my treo's... i've since been able to impress a ton of friends enough to get them to switch over to these treo super phones.

note, there's still the issue of battery drain (after it's reached full charge), fluctuating from 100% down to as low as 94%, back up to 100%, etc. not sure why it does that on both 800w's. for now, i'm willing to put up with it, because the 800w is one slick phone!

How do I find out if my Treo is from the first batch or the second one? Telesales sent me one earlier this week....
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson19401 View Post
    mine just started locking up completely yesterday. i put the thing on the charger and went to bed. i woke up, took it off charge, hit the red button to check for messages/e-mails etc. and it just sat there with the green charge light on. i had to pull the battery to bring it back up.

is anyone else having this issue? is this indicative of a failure/pending failure?
    Not sure if my problem I had is exactly like the problem you had, but I had problems "waking" up my phone.

I was boarding a plane so I turned off the phone radio. Later on I wanted to play solitaire, but when I went to hit the red button then the center key (keylock), the center key wouldn't register. I couldn't access the PDA because it wouldn't unlock it. After trying many times and 5 minutes later, it finally unlocked the phone.

Same thing happened again when the plane landed and I was trying to turn the radio back on.

Tae
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p View Post
    Not sure if my problem I had is exactly like the problem you had, but I had problems "waking" up my phone.

I was boarding a plane so I turned off the phone radio. Later on I wanted to play solitaire, but when I went to hit the red button then the center key (keylock), the center key wouldn't register. I couldn't access the PDA because it wouldn't unlock it. After trying many times and 5 minutes later, it finally unlocked the phone.

Same thing happened again when the plane landed and I was trying to turn the radio back on.

Tae

Exact same thing happend to me today.... only I wasn't on a plane...
    So I got my phone replaced today hoping it would fix the BT volume reset issue but it did not...

At least I got a second box o' goodies, though. Pity they wouldn't let me keep the extra battery...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  16.    #36  
    So I ditched my 800 for a BB Curve. Getting use to the new OS. The battery is soooooooo much better than the 800. The best part is it only cost 99 bucks and negotiated the 30 dollar a month charge to half that. Really digging it so far. The browser is my biggest problem. I don't know what to use.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    So I ditched my 800 for a BB Curve. Getting use to the new OS. The battery is soooooooo much better than the 800. The best part is it only cost 99 bucks and negotiated the 30 dollar a month charge to half that. Really digging it so far. The browser is my biggest problem. I don't know what to use.
    You should try Opera Mini. BB runs Java apps, yes? It is a Java-based OS.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I got a replacement phone yesterday for the battery not charging. I pulled this new phone off the charger at 7:25am and it has 62% at 9:06pm. I done several short calls, about 10 minutes or browsing, watched some attached videos from emails, installed some apps, and about 25 sms's. It's scary. I almost don't want to believe it. Hopefully it stays this way.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting23ray View Post
    How do I find out if my Treo is from the first batch or the second one? Telesales sent me one earlier this week....
    the only difference i noticed between the first and second 800w is... when you restart the 800w (by taking the battery out), you should see a sprint yellow logo / black background screen flash briefly. also, the battery life should last a lot longer than the first one. i recently found out that many 800w's aren't going into power conservation mode, but people are doing some registry edits or something to fix the problem. anyway, just to give you an idea of how much better the newer 800w is working for me...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=168479&page=4

^^^ it's about identical to my 700wx when i first got it. after upgrading the battery to a seido extended battery, i was able to put my phone thru heavy use w/o having to recharge it during the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    the only difference i noticed between the first and second 800w is... when you restart the 800w (by taking the battery out), you should see a sprint yellow logo / black background screen flash briefly. also, the battery life should last a lot longer than the first one. i recently found out that many 800w's aren't going into power conservation mode, but people are doing some registry edits or something to fix the problem. anyway, just to give you an idea of how much better the newer 800w is working for me...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=168479&page=4

^^^ it's about identical to my 700wx when i first got it. after upgrading the battery to a seido extended battery, i was able to put my phone thru heavy use w/o having to recharge it during the day.

Ok.... yeah... I have the old one.... when mine reboots, I see a while Palm screen with a grey loading bar at the bottom... then I see the green Windows 6.1 screen.... then I see my home/today screen.... and the battery life is in the gutter....

Belive me or not... I paid 643 for this treo.... what in the world should I do now???? How can I get my hands on one from the newer stock????
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast