1.    #1  
    My wife has been laughing at me, mocking the small blue micro fiber towel i've been keeping my 800w wrapped up in everywhere I go until I find a suitable case or cover. So what case are you using?

I'm looking for something really lightweight. I've actually been considering a stick on skin like bestskinsever/invisibleshield/bodyguardz because I'd like to keep it as light and pocketable as possible. Nobody has an 800w kit yet, but even if they do it will protect the screen and body but the buttons sections will probably get all scuffed up because they're not protected.

I don't want a big old wallet case and hard cases seem awfully bulky. I'm looking for something that will keep it in like new condition but not affect usability or pocketability at all.

Any ideas or decent products to check out?

BTW, anyone see this video of the new marine dip that allows you to put your phone underwater?!? I don't think I would purposely test this out with my 800w but it sure looks pretty cool. I would consider this but it's not available yet and I'm not sure how well protects against scratches and stuff.
    http://www.vimeo.com/1381538?pg=embe...mp;sec=1381538
    I've got the $7 insurance, so I just throw it in a belt pouch or a shirt pocket and go. No screen protector, either.
    I use no case, or screen protector. The 800w fits in my front pants pocket nicely. I make certain that there are never keys or change in the same pocket. I used to cover my phones, way back in the 600, 650 days. What i realized was that it only took away from the looks of the phone, and sometimes the case would wear more on the treo than not! Since going caseless, years ago, my phones, including the screens, have stayed pretty much unblemished.

On another note, that Shellback Waterproof Coating looks incredible! Looks lucrative; i knew I should have taken more science classes in college...
    Last edited by Longstrider; 07/25/2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by love4God View Post
    BTW, anyone see this video of the new marine dip that allows you to put your phone underwater?!? I don't think I would purposely test this out with my 800w but it sure looks pretty cool. I would consider this but it's not available yet and I'm not sure how well protects against scratches and stuff.
    http://www.vimeo.com/1381538?pg=embe...mp;sec=1381538
    Woah! That is awesome. Probably going to be very expensive when it comes out, but it that is amazing!

By the way, I have a generic leather pouch/ belt holder that I use for the Treo. I would like to get a Innocase (from seidio) and maybe an Invisible shield screen protector or full body if they ever make one. (for the screen protector though, I might buy the ones that wal mart sells for 7 bucks for 5 or 6 covers.)

I hope someone comes out with something soon to replace it, since I am sure I am bound to drop my treo either getting it out or putting it back into its pouch. No TEP either
    I found a generic belt case at Staples, and put on a screen protedtor left over from my 755p (I had to cut it to fit).

I've never had the guts to skip the screen protector, even with insurance.
    I used to use a screen protector, but I am not going to for this phone. I use my pocket. I put the phone in it, alone. It comes out without scratches. The screen is pretty tough.

Yay cheap solution!
    When I bought my 800w at the Sprint store, there was a small marketing brochure about the 800w and it showed a picture of it with an arrow pointing to the screen with the legend for the arrow saying that a screen protector was builtin. Anyone else see that? Anyone agree or disagree that there is indeed a screen protector builtin?
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    If the "built in" screen protector on the 800w is anything like that of the Centro, you would still be doing yourself a service getting a screen protector. I'm just waiting for the InvisibleShield to be ready for the 800w.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjhollin View Post
    When I bought my 800w at the Sprint store, there was a small marketing brochure about the 800w and it showed a picture of it with an arrow pointing to the screen with the legend for the arrow saying that a screen protector was builtin. Anyone else see that? Anyone agree or disagree that there is indeed a screen protector builtin?
    From a post with pictures I saw somewhere, it appears there IS a built-in screen protector, BUT it requires disassembly of the Treo to replace it. I don't understand the logic of such a design.
    Nevermind Fixed.

What the???? SPAM? Where is the spam smiley?
    Last edited by mbw163; 07/26/2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spam gone
    I've always used cover plus screen protector on my 600, 650 and 700. Think I'm going "naked" with this device. I have insurance and while not replaceable, I'm wary of putting another screen protector over the built-in protector...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford