Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
    I am typically a lurker on here, but I contacted eCare about this issue (and another issue). Here is what I wrote and then eCare's response:

My message:

In addition, I have noted that the 800w boasts autonomous GPS, but when I lose radio signal or disable radio signal I am not able to use the GPS. Is this a flaw in the hardware or software? Is there a patch or fix coming out soon to resolve this issue?

eCare Response:

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I will be happy to assist you with your GPS concerns on the 800w.

We are aware that the GPS is not functioning as advertised at this time and is requiring Sprint signal for the GPS to work. There will be a software update for this in the future which is currently being worked on but we do not yet have an estimate on when that update will be released. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you at this time.

It seems as if Sprint is aware of the issue and working to resolve it. Just thought I would pass that along. Back to lurking.
    I /really/ hope that is the case!!

Thanks for the info.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  2. gpu
    Sprint and Palm have to be working on this as buyers could return the phone at any time if an advertised feature isn't there. It is a liability for them.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123