Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have Microsoft Sync in my Ford Edge and the biggest problem I have with Treo devices is that when it syncs my contacts to my phonebook in my car it only syncs the speed dials. Is this fixed in the 800w? If not what is up with this, and why won't you at least let me chose which list to use?

Eric
    My 800w has major problems with my Ford EDGE and sync. Wont sync contacts, or call history. And have the time it decides to randomly disconnect or freeze up. Supposedly this is a Palm problem that they are aware of, but supposedly this has also been going on since the 700w so I dont know when it will be fixed.
    My contacts were all transferred as far as I can tell so far - all that I have tried anyway (over 2000 contacts in the file). The 800w is actually working better with Ford Sync than the Mogul was. The Mogul would lock up the speaker and mike after getting out of the car and require a soft reset.
    Has anyone tried it with the new bluetooth stack that came out today?
    My mogul use to work great with sync, I dont think I ever had a problem.

I havent tried it with the new treo BT update or the new ford sync BT update, but Im hoping theyll fix the problems. As of now its basically unusable. Ive installed the Treo BT update, but I need to take my car in to get the Ford Sync update (which I think will more likely fix the problem), so it may be a bit before Ill know if it works. Ill post the results as soon as I can though.
    Quote Originally Posted by khronos21 View Post
    My mogul use to work great with sync, I dont think I ever had a problem.

I havent tried it with the new treo BT update or the new ford sync BT update, but Im hoping theyll fix the problems. As of now its basically unusable. Ive installed the Treo BT update, but I need to take my car in to get the Ford Sync update (which I think will more likely fix the problem), so it may be a bit before Ill know if it works. Ill post the results as soon as I can though.
    Im having less crashes with the BT updates, but it still doesnt work very well with Ford Sync, and I still cant get it to automatically sync my contacts.