1.    #1  
    Yesterday I posted that my SMS chat was messed up now I cant even get into any programs. It has the color pinwheel that means the program is loading and just sits there. I can only dial out and get incoming texts.

How do I do a factory reset on this phone and start over brand new?
    take the battery out, while putting the battery back press the red power button
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    you've got to hold the red button until about half way through the palm start up.....
  4.    #4  
    Man you guys are great. IT worked!

I hope I dont have to do this again as I just lost my entire phonebook
    Quote Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    Man you guys are great. IT worked!

I hope I dont have to do this again as I just lost my entire phonebook
    You should definitely look into syncing and backup.

I had to do a hard reset last night, too, but it wasn't too big a deal because of ActiveSync.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    You should definitely look into syncing and backup.
    I've already hard reset twice, both due to apps that my 800w didn't like, and give thanks to Palm for including Sprite backup with the phone.

I have it set to run a nightly automatic snapshot to my micro-sd card, meaning that if/when I need to go back I can simply restore to a simpler, happier, more stable date. I plan on copying these periodically to my desktop Easy.

Also great if it somehow fritzes while on the road away from my computer.

HTH.