Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not taking credit for this as it came from fizban_tx but I thought it warranted its own thread.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...00wupdate.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm.com
    Coming Soon
    Treo™ 800w Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth
    PalmŪ Treo 800w Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth will be available soon as a download from this web page. Please return to this page in the coming days for the download and details
    Looks like Palm is updating the 800w to fix this. Yay!

Now we just need to know when this will come out.
    Last edited by Kasracer; 07/25/2008 at 09:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    That's huge.

Be nice to get some heart from Palm for us 700wx users who are stuck with Verizon for the moment, as long as they're in the basement banging out some code.
    Great news. My Jabra 8040 just arrived yesterday. I can't wait to be able to use it to make calls.
    I found it over here:
    http://forums.palmone.com/palm/board...d=29574#M31897

It came from WyreNut

Every now and then the palm support forums come in handy.
    That's great news!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Good move Palm.
  7.    #7  
    Ah, nice! I was in that thread but someone else saw the reply before me. Heh.
    does anyone know if all headsets will support this when it comes out?

I recently got a plantronics explorer 360, and when i push the button on the outside, I get no voice command instructions over the headset. The little microphone comes up on the treo screen so it seems like its enabling voice command, but even when i speak right into the phone it doesnt seem to work.

When not using bluetooth, the voice command on the phone seems to work fine. I'm thinking maybe my headset doesnt support this either but i'm not sure.
    Nice...thanks guys

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/tr...ng_over_b.html

@mneumann

How would we know the details of Palm's release? We have no idea

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    @mneumann

How would we know the details of Palm's release? We have no idea
    I figured maybe someone has used voice command over bluetooth before on a different phone and might know something about it.

I've never used it before, so I dont know if you can just pick up any headset and it works out of the box, or if certain phones/os's etc. only support certain headsets
    Quote Originally Posted by mneumann View Post
    I figured maybe someone has used voice command over bluetooth before on a different phone and might know something about it.

I've never used it before, so I dont know if you can just pick up any headset and it works out of the box, or if certain phones/os's etc. only support certain headsets
    In theory, yes, any headset will work. In reality, however, that may not be the case. Once the update is out we have a lot of headsets among us that will get thoroughly tested, I'm sure... ;-)

BTW, THIS IS AWESOME!!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Can't wait for this for my handsfree device in my car!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Wow! I'm impressed. It's been out less than 2 weeks, and already an update coming.

My last 3 phones have been HTC, and updates have been very few and late (realize it's not necessarily HTC's fault).
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Do I need an A2DP enabled headset to do this? I just purchased the Motorola H12 and as far as I can tell it does not do that.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronW1000 View Post
    Do I need an A2DP enabled headset to do this? I just purchased the Motorola H12 and as far as I can tell it does not do that.
    You shouldn't but we'll see what happens when it's released.
    Maybe they will unlock the GPS also!!!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Maybe they will unlock the GPS also!!!
    It is unlocked....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    It is unlocked....
    For use without cellular/data connection as a true stand alone.
    Dude, where have you been? Hav'nt you been reading?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    For use without cellular/data connection as a true stand alone.
    Dude, where have you been? Hav'nt you been reading?
    In fairness, you're using the wrong terms and causing confusion.

"Locked" means that you have to use the GPS (whatever form) with a specific program. For instance, a lot of WM devices have their GPS "locked" to the carrier pay-navigation app and you cannot use it with Google Maps or Live Search--they purposefully hid the COM/Port settings so you cannot alter them.

What you are saying is you want them to enable true standalone (which assumes it can function like that).

Proper use of terminology will help avoid this issues here. The GPS on the 800w is unlocked.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    What button are folks remapping to assign vcommand launch to?

Am I blind, or is ther no info on VC in the manual?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast