1.    #1  
    I posted this in another forum and was hoping maybe someone here could lead me in the right direction:

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I am completely new to Palm except for a PDA I had about 10 years ago...

I am trying to listen to radio streams during the day and I thought it would be no problem since the 800w is running ie and Windows Media Player. Actually I was able to do it with no problem on a Blackjack with Windows Mobile 5 installed. Clicked on links to listen to radio streams and the player would open right up and start working. With this new device I have not had any such luck. I am not sure if it is an issue with Windows Mobile 6 or the browser etc... I can't even get to the standard radiotime website.

Any insight or advice regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hahamike View Post
    I posted this in another forum and was hoping maybe someone here could lead me in the right direction:

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I am completely new to Palm except for a PDA I had about 10 years ago...

I am trying to listen to radio streams during the day and I thought it would be no problem since the 800w is running ie and Windows Media Player. Actually I was able to do it with no problem on a Blackjack with Windows Mobile 5 installed. Clicked on links to listen to radio streams and the player would open right up and start working. With this new device I have not had any such luck. I am not sure if it is an issue with Windows Mobile 6 or the browser etc... I can't even get to the standard radiotime website.

Any insight or advice regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    This may help you. If the files are in wmv or wma format and you're using TCPMP to access them, it won't work out of the box. You need to look in the /Windows directory for wma9prodecoder.dll and wmv9prodecoder.dll, and duplicate those files. Then rename the copies to wmadecoder.dll and wmvdecoder.dll.

On my wx, that's what they are called and TCPMP is presumably searching for those files by exact name.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    This may help you. If the files are in wmv or wma format and you're using TCPMP to access them, it won't work out of the box. You need to look in the /Windows directory for wma9prodecoder.dll and wmv9prodecoder.dll, and duplicate those files. Then rename the copies to wmadecoder.dll and wmvdecoder.dll.

On my wx, that's what they are called and TCPMP is presumably searching for those files by exact name.

Thanks, I just saw your response. I will give it a go...