Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77
  1.    #1  
    I've added 3 new WM6 A2DP settings to my script based on this article. They now suggest to use Joint Stereo and to remove the bitpool settings to let it work out the optimum setting. I have two settings using a fixed bitpool and one that self adjusts. Can you tell which one is better?

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=310438

    To run the script you need to first download and install MortScript. Get it here (install the PPC version).
    http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...st&category=18

    Once MortScript is installed copy the unziped script to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript
    then you can go to Start->Programs->MortScript and click on A2DP.mscr to run it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 07/31/2008 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Added CD quality settings
  2.    #2  
    Interesting. The self adjusting mode appears to improve over time. It also seems to eat a bit more cpu cycles than the fixed bitpool setting. Sounds really good.
  3. #3  
    How do I use this?
  4. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #4  
    Man Hannip you are a MACHINE! The GPS switcher yesterday... treoAlert fixes in between time... A2DP update today....

    Have you tried something that has video ala SprintTV or youtube or are you just testing with music? I cannot tell from your last post; does it sound better with the self adjusting or fixed bitpool?

    BTW I just bought the BT3030 from newegg... smh

    $37 for anyone that's interested
  5. lilboi's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #5  
    You will need to download/install mortscript. Once you download mortscript, install and run a2dp.mscr. At that point the program will run and you'll have a choice of four quality settings: High Quality (bitpool 48), Good Quality (bitpool 40), Fair Quality (30), Joint Stereo (30). Bitpool setting 40 is sufficient for great sound quality.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Man Hannip you are a MACHINE! The GPS switcher yesterday... treoAlert fixes in between time... A2DP update today....

    Have you tried something that has video ala SprintTV or youtube or are you just testing with music? I cannot tell from your last post; does it sound better with the self adjusting or fixed bitpool?

    BTW I just bought the BT3030 from newegg... smh

    $37 for anyone that's interested
    I'm leaning towards the fixed bitpool (48) wM6 setting as the better one. Sounds just as good imo and doesn't eat up as much cpu. YouTube vidoe's play and sound fine. I'm using TCPMP with zbop's FlashVideoBundle for viewing YouTube.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboi View Post
    You will need to download/install mortscript. Once you download mortscript, install and run a2dp.mscr. At that point the program will run and you'll have a choice of four quality settings: High Quality (bitpool 48), Good Quality (bitpool 40), Fair Quality (30), Joint Stereo (30). Bitpool setting 40 is sufficient for great sound quality.
    6 quality settings now.
  8. lilboi's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #8  
    WTF!!!! Alright time to update, i can't keep up with this phone, new things coming out every day.
  9. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboi View Post
    WTF!!!! Alright time to update, i can't keep up with this phone, new things coming out every day.
    Its not the phone... its Hannip. Hannip you are doing a thankless job... so THANKS!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    How do I use this?
    I've updated the first post with instructions.
  11. #11  
    Ok, this is new to me. So I will need a a2dp enabled bluetooth device to take full advantage of this modification? This is to listen to music, videos etc?
  12.    #12  
    yep
  13. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #13  
    Wow, hannip, just saw you are a neighbor (more or less). I wanted to say thanks, but I also was wondering why you don't have a website or blog up where we could send you some donations via paypal, tipjoy, etc. You do so much work for the community, you should get some compensation!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Its not the phone... its Hannip. Hannip you are doing a thankless job... so THANKS!
    HANNIP is DAT DUDE!!!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Wow, hannip, just saw you are a neighbor (more or less). I wanted to say thanks, but I also was wondering why you don't have a website or blog up where we could send you some donations via paypal, tipjoy, etc. You do so much work for the community, you should get some compensation!
    Yeah, been thinking I really need a website with all my hacks and progs there for easy access. One of these days. lol
  16. davinwv's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #16  
    What's the difference between the WM6 bitpool 48 setting and the generic bitpool 48 setteing?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    What's the difference between the WM6 bitpool 48 setting and the generic bitpool 48 setteing?
    It just uses a different protocol called JointStereo that requires a lower bandwidth. Prior to WM6 JointStereo ended up being mono, but they fixed it in WM6.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, been thinking I really need a website with all my hacks and progs there for easy access. One of these days. lol

    Guess you're the new shadowmite. (SM, where are youuuuuuu...)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by IEFesq View Post
    Guess you're the new shadowmite. (SM, where are youuuuuuu...)
    Naw, I'm just a hobbyist. Shadowmite is more hardcore.
  20. #20  
    Hey, this is a fantastic tool! But did you know that a bitpool of 58 is the bitpool required for CD quality a2dp sound (196kbps MP3). Phones can usually do this fine, but not while running video. But it is great for listening to music.
    Would you add in 58? That would be money$$$!
    The problem people have at the moment is that they want to listen to music at the best quality, but also want to watch a video without having to reset the registry and reboot each time.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions