Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 77
  1. kalibar's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #41  
    Man, this is the kind of thing that should really be built into WM devices from the get-go. I didn't even know CD quality sound was possible over A2DP.

    I'm definitely bumping on my S9s right now.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamie View Post
    can anybody recommend over the ear bluetooth headphones that also have a mic?
    Most of them have mic's. Two of the recently reviewed headphones are:
    http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/blu...bluetooth.html

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=15
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=33
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalibar View Post
    Man, this is the kind of thing that should really be built into WM devices from the get-go. I didn't even know CD quality sound was possible over A2DP.

    I'm definitely bumping on my S9s right now.
  4. gottspd's Avatar
    Posts
    266 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    Forget the jack, use the Parrot MK6100. Should be about $400 including installation. It allows you to stream music and make phone calls all through the stereo. Works great with the Treo 800w.
    I don't need bt connectivity as my Acura does that exceedingly well already. I just need to output sound from my Treo to the stereo. I can't believe that there is no way to this through wires!!! So frustrating............................
  5. #45  
    This script is amazing. I am an audiophile and until today did not know that A2DP could even come close to the quality of a quality corded system. I can now have very high fidelity music using my Jabra BT3030 adapter and my Etymotic Research ER4 earphones. I have a test mp3 that is ripped at 320kps. This file is used for testing the quality of MP3 players and headphones. There are musical details in the file that can only be heard with the highest quality components. Using the script set to bitpool 58 with the Jabra BT3030 and the ER4's all of these details can actually be heard. Before running the script I was able to hear about 50% of the details. For comparison, using the corded crap earphones that come with the 800w, less than 20% of the details can be heard. This is very impressive discovery!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    I don't need bt connectivity as my Acura does that exceedingly well already. I just need to output sound from my Treo to the stereo.
    Actually your Acrua does not do BT well. If it did it would support A2DP then you would have you cake and be able to eat it as well.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  7. #47  
    Does anyone know if Motorolas h680 works with this
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    This script is amazing. I am an audiophile and until today did not know that A2DP could even come close to the quality of a quality corded system. I can now have very high fidelity music using my Jabra BT3030 adapter and my Etymotic Research ER4 earphones. I have a test mp3 that is ripped at 320kps. This file is used for testing the quality of MP3 players and headphones. There are musical details in the file that can only be heard with the highest quality components. Using the script set to bitpool 58 with the Jabra BT3030 and the ER4's all of these details can actually be heard. Before running the script I was able to hear about 50% of the details. For comparison, using the corded crap earphones that come with the 800w, less than 20% of the details can be heard. This is very impressive discovery!
    Yeah, it's hard to get people to believe me when I tell them until they actually try it. I usually just get laughed at.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Does anyone know if Motorolas h680 works with this
    Nope, it needs to support the A2DP Wireless Stereo bluetooth profile.
  10. #50  
    Wow....I was a bit skeptical at how this would sound TBH....I just bought the Jabra BT8010 and I didn't think great sound was capable over BT. I was wrong....this sounds amazing....even listening to internet radio sounds amazing. Hannip.....you're man!
    http://thatsballer.com for all of your tech news!
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    hannip,

    I wonder if you can change anything under SKTools?

    Here is what it lists...

    There is an A2DP tab at the bottom under the Tune up section.

    SBC bitpool value (default=30) info up top shows 30-low/40-medium/48-high/58-excellent audio quality. Lower value increases performance.

    Maximum bitpool value (default is 30, program will allow you to go to 80)

    Minimum bitpool value (default is 14)

    Use Joint Stereo (default is No)

    So i'm assuming one could change settings in the program without doing/installing anything else correct?

    What would be the correct settings in SKTools to match Hannip's settings? I was pondering getting an S9 and I think this will push me over the edge!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter_In_MN View Post
    What would be the correct settings in SKTools to match Hannip's settings? I was pondering getting an S9 and I think this will push me over the edge!
    The script in the first post is a text file that you can read to see what settings are made. Just curious, are you opposed to installing MortScript for some reason?
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The script in the first post is a text file that you can read to see what settings are made. Just curious, are you opposed to installing MortScript for some reason?
    Not at all. I just have bought a copy of SKTools last week and figured I would give it a try. I'll test both methods once I get my headset in. I went with the HT820 since there was so much negitive press about the S9. Thanks again Hannip! You are the MAN!!
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter_In_MN View Post
    Not at all. I just have bought a copy of SKTools last week and figured I would give it a try. I'll test both methods once I get my headset in. I went with the HT820 since there was so much negitive press about the S9. Thanks again Hannip! You are the MAN!!
    hmm, I've had my S9's for over a year and they are still going strong. There are some really nice alternatives now however. I dunno if I'd ever go with a clip behind the ear version again. I've had them before but they hurt your ears after a while. The S9's never hurt. If I were to go with another I might try one of the new over the ear old school style headphones. I love my bass and the S9's have good bass when paired with PocketMusic's bass boost feature.

    Let us know how you like the HT820's when you get them.
  15. #55  
    I have the treo800w and Blue Ant X5 Stereo Blutooth headphones (they also work as a handsfree headset). I'm no audiophile, but the sound is pretty good (they support BT V2 and EDR). The benefit of not tangling in wires outweighs my desire for high quality sound. My problem is, I have audiobooks from Audible which are recorded in Mono. The play fine through both speakers through a wired set (I just finished the hack posted in another thread to solder up a micro USB to 3.5mm headphone jack so I can use my high end Shure wired headphones). However, when listening through my BT headphones I only get sound from the left speaker. So the short of it is: does anyone have a solution for this?
  16. #56  
    I got the HT820 today. Before I paired it with my 800w, I looked at the SKTools settings and your script. It looked like the SKTools didn't change quite everything that the script did. I changed the settings to CD quality WM6 and I have to say that I am more than impressed with the 820! Great range and volume with all types of music. If I had one complaint, it would be the lower bass at higher volumes gets a little wobbly. I didn't even think of testing out the sound before I ran the script but it works for me now!

    Thanks again hannip!

    I included a screenshot of the SKTools settings AFTER I ran the script.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17. #57  
    hmmm I am having problems here.

    I have mortscript installed.

    Dled A2DP and put the unzipped file in the mortscript folder. But when I go to open the program from the list its just showing

    Command list
    Information
    Informations(english)

    but no A2DP

    ? any ideas?
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamie View Post
    hmmm I am having problems here.

    I have mortscript installed.

    Dled A2DP and put the unzipped file in the mortscript folder. But when I go to open the program from the list its just showing

    Command list
    Information
    Informations(english)

    but no A2DP

    ? any ideas?
    Just go into file manager and click on the script. It will run.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamie View Post
    hmmm I am having problems here.

    I have mortscript installed.

    Dled A2DP and put the unzipped file in the mortscript folder. But when I go to open the program from the list its just showing

    Command list
    Information
    Informations(english)

    but no A2DP

    ? any ideas?
    If you put it in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript
    you can access it clicking Start->Programs->MortScript
  20. #60  
    got it thanks

    couldnt figure out how to do that, but finally just pushed file and held it down to copy and then went to where you said and pushed down/hold paste

    try it out tonight
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions